Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Good DNA Cases

Ok so I'm getting my new DNA tmrw, and ever since I cracked my old phone I've been real sensitive about getting a good case.
    I've been searching for some flip cases, but I haven't found any good ones... Suggestions?

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Good DNA Cases

I love my Seido active case, it is very durable and looks sharp in the red.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    Do you have pics?
    Also, is it rather thick or slim? I'd rather be able to put it in my pocket without any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    Have it too love it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Seidio surface case .

I've got the cruzerlite tpu androidified and its nice, thin and not gonna break the bank @$9. :-).
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I use the otterbox defender, but only when leaving the house. When at home, I enjoy the feel of my naked device (with screen protector). I have looked into the seidio, though. It is a two piece snap on device with cut outs instead of overlays for the buttons. Seems relatively thin while offering great protection. The diztronic case also seems to be a popular choice, however, diztronic does not allow a cut out for rear notification unlike the seidio.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Thanked by:
    sicario666 likes this.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Just switched over from an iPhone 5 to a DNA 2 days ago (I'm NOT an Android newbie by any means though!) -- absolutely digging this new device!

Currently have my entire device Ghost Armor'ed up, and when I go out, I slap on the Verizon textured black case (NO HOLSTER!) I'd love to eventually get an Incipio case though! However, using the DNA naked does feel fantastic...

Especially knowing I'm covered front and back!

If you search for "Droid DNA Cases" or just scroll through the threads until you find it, you'll see tons of pics of most of the cases available for this phone.

Oh, and one more vote for the Seidio Surface Case!

Sent from my DNA

ROM
    None

I have the Incipio 2 piece one silicone inner case with a hard shell over case. I like it. Fits well.

I have bothe the Seido surface and active cases love them both. The actice in black/white looks real slick on the DNA

I have the Seidio Active and also the Cruzerlite. Both are the red ones. I like both. However, I keep the phone in a pocket in my purse and it's easier to take out with the Cruzerlite.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you search Amazon for "Droid DNA carbon fiber flip case", you'll see what I'm using. It's black. Love it!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

I'm rocking the Otterbox Commuter case along with a Diztronic case as well.
    I like them both ,however, I rock the Otterbox the most.

compiled from the Droid DNA

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Can you post a picture of the DNA with the Commuter on? I'm debating getting one for my DNA, but I don't know if it's too bulky?

Cases....what a journey. The "finding the right case, car dock, desk dock & holster (and God forbid getting an extended battery)" and getting them to all work together has always been such a hassle.
    Buy a great phone, buy a case. Get an extended battery, need a new case (and holster). Buy a car dock and / or desk dock, need to take the case off (sometimes put the regular battery in).
    Then go online and try to find other phone car docks, etc. that might work with your Frankenstein extended battery case.......finally get just right and then you buy a new phone.....arghhh!!!
    Fast forward...now most of the newer phones do not have a replaceable battery nor offer an extended (one down), most car docks are becoming universal and are made to accept cases (two down).
    Wireless charging has solved the desk dock issue (three down)
    Seidio now offers their "Active" and "Convert" which are larger and will usually accommodate larger cases, some expensive testing required (four down).
    On my S3 I used an aluminum bumper (made the phone huge), found that the Seidio Active holster worked as well as the S3 iBolt car dock (had to file the inside a little).....phew! What an ordeal.
    After my third S3 switched to the DNA....here we go again.
    Now using the red Seidio surface and holster. Also using the DNA specific but really it's HTC universal iBolt car dock.
    Done, so much easier these days.
    Also, someone asked about the Surface holster and if it would work with other cases....I don't think it will. The surface case is very thin at the bottom and just fits into the holster.
    I tried a silicone and off brand hard case and neither would work.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seattle View Post
    Cases....what a journey. The "finding the right case, car dock, desk dock & holster (and God forbid getting an extended battery)" and getting them to all work together has always been such a hassle.
    Buy a great phone, buy a case. Get an extended battery, need a new case (and holster). Buy a car dock and / or desk dock, need to take the case off (sometimes put the regular battery in).
    Then go online and try to find other phone car docks, etc. that might work with your Frankenstein extended battery case.......finally get just right and then you buy a new phone.....arghhh!!!
    Fast forward...now most of the newer phones do not have a replaceable battery nor offer an extended (one down), most car docks are becoming universal and are made to accept cases (two down).
    Wireless charging has solved the desk dock issue (three down)
    Seidio now offers their "Active" and "Convert" which are larger and will usually accommodate larger cases, some expensive testing required (four down).
    On my S3 I used an aluminum bumper (made the phone huge), found that the Seidio Active holster worked as well as the S3 iBolt car dock (had to file the inside a little).....phew! What an ordeal.
    After my third S3 switched to the DNA....here we go again.
    Now using the red Seidio surface and holster. Also using the DNA specific but really it's HTC universal iBolt car dock.
    Done, so much easier these days.
    Also, someone asked about the Surface holster and if it would work with other cases....I don't think it will. The surface case is very thin at the bottom and just fits into the holster.
    I tried a silicone and off brand hard case and neither would work.
    Does the HTC ibolt car dock have wireless charging support?

No, not the one that I have. I did not see any wireless options on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post

I just read a good report about this car dock w/ wireless charging support:

the report said it was even able to charge while streaming music (google music) and navigating with the GPS

I have the Diztronics. It works well and support wireless charging.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have a Ballistic case and I live it. See the link below.

I have to put in my two cents. While searching for a case, I tried the Otterbox commuter and I was disgusted by how poorly it fit. The power button was not lined up and i had to press several times before the phone came on. The back speaker opening was not lined up at all. I ended up getting the incipio dual case. Very nice and fits very well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums