Good DNA Cases

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm getting my new DNA tmrw, and ever since I cracked my old phone I've been real sensitive about getting a good case.
I've been searching for some flip cases, but I haven't found any good ones... Suggestions?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I use the otterbox defender, but only when leaving the house. When at home, I enjoy the feel of my naked device (with screen protector). I have looked into the seidio, though. It is a two piece snap on device with cut outs instead of overlays for the buttons. Seems relatively thin while offering great protection. The diztronic case also seems to be a popular choice, however, diztronic does not allow a cut out for rear notification unlike the seidio.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just switched over from an iPhone 5 to a DNA 2 days ago (I'm NOT an Android newbie by any means though!) -- absolutely digging this new device!

Currently have my entire device Ghost Armor'ed up, and when I go out, I slap on the Verizon textured black case (NO HOLSTER!) I'd love to eventually get an Incipio case though! However, using the DNA naked does feel fantastic...

Especially knowing I'm covered front and back!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you search for "Droid DNA Cases" or just scroll through the threads until you find it, you'll see tons of pics of most of the cases available for this phone.

Oh, and one more vote for the Seidio Surface Case!

Sent from my DNA

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Seidio Active and also the Cruzerlite. Both are the red ones. I like both. However, I keep the phone in a pocket in my purse and it's easier to take out with the Cruzerlite.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

oOMavrikOo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you search Amazon for "Droid DNA carbon fiber flip case", you'll see what I'm using. It's black. Love it!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking the Otterbox Commuter case along with a Diztronic case as well.
I like them both ,however, I rock the Otterbox the most.

compiled from the Droid DNA

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a picture of the DNA with the Commuter on? I'm debating getting one for my DNA, but I don't know if it's too bulky?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Cases....what a journey. The "finding the right case, car dock, desk dock & holster (and God forbid getting an extended battery)" and getting them to all work together has always been such a hassle.
Buy a great phone, buy a case. Get an extended battery, need a new case (and holster). Buy a car dock and / or desk dock, need to take the case off (sometimes put the regular battery in).
Then go online and try to find other phone car docks, etc. that might work with your Frankenstein extended battery case.......finally get just right and then you buy a new phone.....arghhh!!!
Fast forward...now most of the newer phones do not have a replaceable battery nor offer an extended (one down), most car docks are becoming universal and are made to accept cases (two down).
Wireless charging has solved the desk dock issue (three down)
Seidio now offers their "Active" and "Convert" which are larger and will usually accommodate larger cases, some expensive testing required (four down).
On my S3 I used an aluminum bumper (made the phone huge), found that the Seidio Active holster worked as well as the S3 iBolt car dock (had to file the inside a little).....phew! What an ordeal.
After my third S3 switched to the DNA....here we go again.
Now using the red Seidio surface and holster. Also using the DNA specific but really it's HTC universal iBolt car dock.
Done, so much easier these days.
Also, someone asked about the Surface holster and if it would work with other cases....I don't think it will. The surface case is very thin at the bottom and just fits into the holster.
I tried a silicone and off brand hard case and neither would work.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Cases....what a journey. The "finding the right case, car dock, desk dock & holster (and God forbid getting an extended battery)" and getting them to all work together has always been such a hassle.
Buy a great phone, buy a case. Get an extended battery, need a new case (and holster). Buy a car dock and / or desk dock, need to take the case off (sometimes put the regular battery in).
Then go online and try to find other phone car docks, etc. that might work with your Frankenstein extended battery case.......finally get just right and then you buy a new phone.....arghhh!!!
Fast forward...now most of the newer phones do not have a replaceable battery nor offer an extended (one down), most car docks are becoming universal and are made to accept cases (two down).
Wireless charging has solved the desk dock issue (three down)
Seidio now offers their "Active" and "Convert" which are larger and will usually accommodate larger cases, some expensive testing required (four down).
On my S3 I used an aluminum bumper (made the phone huge), found that the Seidio Active holster worked as well as the S3 iBolt car dock (had to file the inside a little).....phew! What an ordeal.
After my third S3 switched to the DNA....here we go again.
Now using the red Seidio surface and holster. Also using the DNA specific but really it's HTC universal iBolt car dock.
Done, so much easier these days.
Also, someone asked about the Surface holster and if it would work with other cases....I don't think it will. The surface case is very thin at the bottom and just fits into the holster.
I tried a silicone and off brand hard case and neither would work.

Does the HTC ibolt car dock have wireless charging support?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA