Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has actually been able to download this yet. I've seen the articles on the AC homepage say it's pushed out to the Play Store. When you search for it, the logo, name, pics, description, etc. have changed but there's no option to update. Almost like there really is no update but just a shiny new cover to the same old book. The Talk app is still alive and on life support. Has anyone been successful at getting this thing on a DNA (or anything)?

Seriously just burning time until the summer when BBM gets here. Although, if I know RIM, I'll be disappointed...

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try going into settings, applications and uninstalling the updates. Then back into the play store and re-installing.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has actually been able to download this yet. I've seen the articles on the AC homepage say it's pushed out to the Play Store. When you search for it, the logo, name, pics, description, etc. have changed but there's no option to update. Almost like there really is no update but just a shiny new cover to the same old book. The Talk app is still alive and on life support. Has anyone been successful at getting this thing on a DNA (or anything)?

Seriously just burning time until the summer when BBM gets here. Although, if I know RIM, I'll be disappointed...

All you have to do is go to the play store and download it. It literally removes the Talk app, so if you still see the talk app, you did not download it.

Many people have been having success using the web browser to find the hangouts download on the play store versus the play store application built into your phone.

I have it on my DNA and it works fine. It uninstalled the Talk app when I installed Hangouts.

Let me know if you are still having issues and I will give you a play by play on how to download it.

mtrautma

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine says Hangout is installed but it is still Google Talk. I tried rebooting to no avail. The web Google play also says it is installed also. What gives?

BS

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try going into settings, applications and uninstalling the updates. Then back into the play store and re-installing.

There's no option to uninstall updates for the Talk app. Just Force stop and Disable.

All you have to do is go to the play store and download it. It literally removes the Talk app, so if you still see the talk app, you did not download it.

Many people have been having success using the web browser to find the hangouts download on the play store versus the play store application built into your phone.

I have it on my DNA and it works fine. It uninstalled the Talk app when I installed Hangouts.

Let me know if you are still having issues and I will give you a play by play on how to download it.

Tried this method and it says it's already installed on my devices. What gives?

Posted from my HTC DNA via Android Central App

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'll have to be patient. (What's that?) Just seemed weird that Play Store seems to think the newer version is installed. Never seen that before.

Posted from my HTC DNA via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am not certain what the issue is for you all. I know two people with DNA's and I helped them install the Hangouts app using the browser on their phones where I Googled "Google Hangouts play store." I got a link to a Google site to learn more about the new app and it had a direct download from the play store on the site.

Works well. I will try to post screenshots.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368750888388.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368750888388.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 134

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Here are screenshots on how to download it to your DNA. Really easy. It says already installed on mine because I have it already and use it constantly.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368751066554.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368751066554.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368751079463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368751079463.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368751091881.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368751091881.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 54

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded it from the play store on my phone. Make sure you don't have it disabled like I did.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

The update went live btw. Not impressed but I'm sure they'll work the kinks out

Sent from my Droid DNA

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Got both phones up and running....BUT, as with other video calling apps, bluetooth earpieces (Jawbone Era) does not work. The year...is 2013, and still, no one has solved this annoying issue.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Old thread but I figure I'll post that I've didn't even think to check if our Jawbone Era's work with Hangouts/Skype since updating to Android 4.2.2. I'm happy to say they now work. Finally, we can use our bluetooth's with video calls. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty