Will the Droid DNA get the Sense 5 and the JB 4.2.2 Updates???

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased the Droid DNA and as a previous Nexus user, I really miss the latest JB 4.2.2 firmware.

I've read rumors that JB 4.2.2 & Sense 5+ will be coming to a few top-tier HTC smartphones sometime this summer - but nothing definitive regarding the DNA Droid.

Does anyone know if the DNA is getting BOTH those updates as well?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just root and Rom sense five. That's what I did. Your new DNA needs moonshined and then voila....sense 5. Newts nos M7 is fantastic.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just root and Rom sense five. That's what I did. Your new DNA needs moonshined and then voila....sense 5. Newts nos M7 is fantastic.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

This is always an option. There are a couple good Sense 5 ROMs out there, but I believe NOS M7 is probably the best, from what I've heard. I went with ViperDNA even though its based on Sense 4, only because it seems to be the most bugless ROM out there. Other than the AOSP messaging app I haven't run into any issues.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
This is always an option. There are a couple good Sense 5 ROMs out there, but I believe NOS M7 is probably the best, from what I've heard. I went with ViperDNA even though its based on Sense 4, only because it seems to be the most bugless ROM out there. Other than the AOSP messaging app I haven't run into any issues.

Nice. So do MMS and browser work on Viper?

from my DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Nice. So do MMS and browser work on Viper?

from my DNA

It doesn't come with the AOSP browser, but it comes with the HTC Browser and that works fine. I've been using Chrome and Dolphin with no problems at all.
MMS is broken ONLY on the AOSP Messaging app. It comes with the HTC messaging app and it works with all other messaging apps. I've been using Textra with no problems and I've also used Handcent with no issues.
I have noticed one bug. If i use the Venom tweaks to change the status bar from gradient to opaque, I have to uncheck and recheck that setting upon boot. Compared to the PAC-man ROM that's nothing, haha. I don't like Sense but I really like this ROM.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I expect to see sense 5 in some form and 4.2.2 at some point in the next few months. They already said the butterfly was getting it, so thats a really good sign we will see it also. Id like to mess with sense 5 and some of its features, but I wont be heartbroken if I dont get it honestly.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't come with the AOSP browser, but it comes with the HTC Browser and that works fine. I've been using Chrome and Dolphin with no problems at all.
MMS is broken ONLY on the AOSP Messaging app. It comes with the HTC messaging app and it works with all other messaging apps. I've been using Textra with no problems and I've also used Handcent with no issues.
I have noticed one bug. If i use the Venom tweaks to change the status bar from gradient to opaque, I have to uncheck and recheck that setting upon boot. Compared to the PAC-man ROM that's nothing, haha. I don't like Sense but I really like this ROM.

sweet I'll try that one this weekend.

from my DNA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez