DNA Sense 5 Update listed as coming soon on VZW site!

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
If I had a phone that was gimped right now or wasnt working as it should, I would actually have some beef with Verizon, but this phone works amazingly for me personally. Never had any hiccups, hell, the phone hasnt even froze on me ever. The update can show up tomorrow, or in a month or more cause honestly the phone works perfect for me in its current state. Would I like to use Sense 5 on this phone, yes, but its not a make or break for me to keep using it in the end.

Well, it does not look like I will be switching to my old iPhone 4 after the iOS7 update. I just completed the update on my iPad2 and iPhone 4 and . . . it still looks like iOS 6 with pastel colors thrown up all over it and uglier icons. The drop down menu that comes up from the bottom of the screen is not really all that amazing to me. The new lock screen was just about the coolest thing I noticed. Safari is a step back in appearance.

My Droid DNA lives on and I will continue to wait for the Sense 5 update.

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If I had a phone that was gimped right now or wasnt working as it should, I would actually have some beef with Verizon, but this phone works amazingly for me personally. Never had any hiccups, hell, the phone hasnt even froze on me ever. The update can show up tomorrow, or in a month or more cause honestly the phone works perfect for me in its current state. Would I like to use Sense 5 on this phone, yes, but its not a make or break for me to keep using it in the end.

This is exactly how I feel. Haven't really had any issues with the os or ui. Best running phone I've ever had. Update should be nice, but nothing I'm in a rush for, and if I was, I would root...

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I also love the phone the way it is. Better battery life would always be nice but I can wait for the update.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, it does not look like I will be switching to my old iPhone 4 after the iOS7 update. I just completed the update on my iPad2 and iPhone 4 and . . . it still looks like iOS 6 with pastel colors thrown up all over it and uglier icons. The drop down menu that comes up from the bottom of the screen is not really all that amazing to me. The new lock screen was just about the coolest thing I noticed. Safari is a step back in appearance.

My thoughts exactly. I have an iPad 3 and iOS in my experience today isn't much of an upgrade. I'm using my DNA more and more ad ROMs become more stable and feature packed. Really digging NOS as it sits coming from a run of AOSP, so the eventual OTA will be a great day for me.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I have the same impression. I upgraded my iPhone 4 and went "meh". Nothing much to see.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Getting really tired of HTC & Verizon playing these stupid little games when it comes to software updates. As much as I love the DNA (mainly the screen size), the Android OS still has several issues and is far from being stable. I was going to switch to the HTC One but in a year from now - but it would have been the DNA all over again as it relates to new firmware updates. Didn't want to bother playing the "waiting game" again.

I decided to head back home to iOS yesterday and purchase the iPhone 5S. Other than the smaller screen (compared to the DNA) - this thing blows away any Android smartphone currently in the market, including my once beloved DNA.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be so quick to judge all of Android by the actions (or inactions) of one carrier and/or one OEM. The relationship of carrier upgrade cycles, obsolescence and update patterns is fairly complex on anything that's not a Nexus (and possibly GPe devices).

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Getting really tired of HTC & Verizon playing these stupid little games when it comes to software updates. As much as I love the DNA (mainly the screen size), the Android OS still has several issues and is far from being stable. I was going to switch to the HTC One but in a year from now - but it would have been the DNA all over again as it relates to new firmware updates. Didn't want to bother playing the "waiting game" again.

I decided to head back home to iOS yesterday and purchase the iPhone 5S. Other than the smaller screen (compared to the DNA) - this thing blows away any Android smartphone currently in the market, including my once beloved DNA.

Completely disagree about Android, but the HTC update "experience" is my basic point above. I've had the Thunderbolt and Eris before the DNA, and if you've followed those tales-of-woe you know that Verizon delays the update every time (ICS had basically become a melted BLOB before it came to the Thunderbolt) and HTC makes sure it comes with brand new bugs. I got to the point where I refused any update to the TB for as long as I could because I KNEW I'd end up with some new problem (ever hear of the TB's random reboot problem? An OTA brought that) that was worse than anything I was already dealing with.

Nope, as good as the DNA is, the same pattern applies. I never ONCE had the dreaded SIMM card problem...until AFTER the update that was released with the express purpose of fixing it. Nice job, HTC.

Now that I have an Nexus 10 I know a little more about a non-sense interface and know I'll be just fine with it. So this is the last time I'll own an HTC phone. I think the HTC One is absolutely ugly anyway, so no loss there.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I would have to disagree about the "miles ahead of android" comment. Most acknowledge that iOS is playing catch up with Android. I'd rather have one update for the life of the device that gives me the functions I need, rather than 5 updates that provide incremental updates masquerading as revolutionary features.

Posted via Android Central App

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When Apple comes out with a "new" phone, it's already 1 year out of date. Most feature phones already have as good or better specs/features as a new iOS device. If Apple wishes to get back into the game, it will have to innovate, get on the cutting edge and listen to it's customer base. Why do you think it's stock fell dramatically the day the 5s was announced? Nothing new or exciting about it. Sorry, I will stick with my HTC and android.

Sent from my HTC DNA

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Its odd cause my DNA has never once froze on me. Guess Im lucky with android being stable. You gotta remember, what more do they need to add to android thats major? iOS is playing catch up, you can spin that however you want, but its the truth. Friends of mine who use apple products said iOS 7 is more or less apples slow attempt to make it like Android. To say Android is not stable is pretty much a flat out lie at this point. Since 4.0, more so 4.1, Android has been extremely stable and really smooth in overall experiences, regardless of the UI skin on top of basic Android. I see nothing a iPhone 5s can do, that my 7 or 8 month old DNA cant do.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Its odd cause my DNA has never once froze on me. Guess Im lucky with android being stable. You gotta remember, what more do they need to add to android thats major? iOS is playing catch up, you can spin that however you want, but its the truth. Friends of mine who use apple products said iOS 7 is more or less apples slow attempt to make it like Android. To say Android is not stable is pretty much a flat out lie at this point. Since 4.0, more so 4.1, Android has been extremely stable and really smooth in overall experiences, regardless of the UI skin on top of basic Android. I see nothing a iPhone 5s can do, that my 7 or 8 month old DNA cant do.

But you forgot the Fingerprint Reader! IDK, I don't think my DNA can take that heat...

And also, my girlfriend updated to iOS 7 on her iPad Mini. My jaw dropped when I saw how the OS handles multitasking. I had to go into the settings to make sure that the tablet wasn't running some skinned form of Android. AND THE NEW iOS HAS QUICK SETTINGS! Take that, Android. Oh wait, many skins have offered that for quite some time for Android. And with 4.2+, EVERY phone has quick settings, done in a much better fashion IMO.

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
When Apple comes out with a "new" phone, it's already 1 year out of date. Most feature phones already have as good or better specs/features as a new iOS device. If Apple wishes to get back into the game, it will have to innovate, get on the cutting edge and listen to it's customer base. Why do you think it's stock fell dramatically the day the 5s was announced? Nothing new or exciting about it. Sorry, I will stick with my HTC and android.

Sent from my HTC DNA

I have to agree with you. I wouldn't want a fingerprint scanner. I am not a power user. I don't do custom roms. I LOVE personalizing my phone and then changing my mind and changing things again. Android has been very stable. I have had no issues. I see nothing special about the new Iphone.

Last edited:

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they're just waiting for a HTC cooked 4.3 ROM for the DNA. Problem is it takes 1-2 months for VZW to certify new updates first so looks like we'll be waiting til...ThanksGiving.

jsting76

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
HTC posted this :Regarding Droid DNA. Update and clarification is that DNA customers will get new Sense experiences (w/ 4.2.2) before end of*year.
6:36pm - 23 Sep 13

That is definitely a long wait.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC posted this :Regarding Droid DNA. Update and clarification is that DNA customers will get new Sense experiences (w/ 4.2.2) before end of*year.

Right. Typical of HTC. And it won't be what will then be the current 4.4. It won't be what'll then be one version old (4.3). It'll be 4.2.2.

Anybody else starting to feel like panting and tail-wagging dogs waiting to get a scrap from last month's bread?

No one to blame but myself. I've subjected myself to this for 3 phones now. No more.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Whelp. That's that.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo