com.android.mms has stopped

face968

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I installed the 4.2.2 update today then I went to send a text and my text background had changed to white and the text was pink. Being a guy, I don't want pink words in my text messaging app. I download the tutorial and follow the directions to personalize the background and text color. I press the menu button, then settings and then general. That's where the problem is. When I hit General, I get an error message that com.android.mms has stopped. All I can do is hit ok, then it just goes back to the text messages. I've restarted the phone and also put it in safe mode to see if it would work, but nothing. Anybody have any ideas? I don't really want to reset the phone but if that's what I have to do... Any help would be appreciated.

D_Norm_A

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem after the first update. I restarted the phone and resumed my update. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my DNA...

xfriendsonfirex

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. After installing the 4.2.2/Sense 5 update, "com.android.mms has stopped" everytime I attempt to access the Messages General Settings. Tried clearing the cache and restarting to no avoil.

SixStringSamurai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue as well. I even tried a factory cache wipe (not a hard reset) and that didn't work either. Really hoping I don't have to factory reset my phone.

xfriendsonfirex

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
It's going to be a while before I get desperate enough to want to factory reset. I've been using Textra in the meantime. Has a nice clean look like the stock app.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Probably unrelated because I don't have problems opening the messaging app, but Handcent is the only app that will send and receive mms. Stock app, GoSMS, Chomp, take your pick - none work. They all seem to have a problem with access point name, APN, MMSC, Port and Proxy - something I've never touched before. By setting the MMSC to mmm.vtext.com/servlets/mms I was able to receive but not send. Handcent is not my favorite but it works without changing settings.

CollegePartyBoy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife's DNA has quit sending out texts since the update. It will receive them, but not send. I have tried Chomp, Textra, Handcent, etc... Went to the local Verizon store, they said they saw a handful of cases complaining about it on their case reports. They claim a hard reset won't help, only an update from them/HTC.

Posted via Android Central App

Mav3rick41

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I use the hangout to send/receive texts and it works really good. It takes a long time to open picture messages. But other than that it works good.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

diode3000

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I still have this problem. MMS has purple background, and white letters. Going to Settings-->General returns an error message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.mms has stopped."

face968

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset. Then I was able to change the settings without any problems. Kinda sucked having to reload everything but Google did most of the work for me. I decided to do it because I updated my wife's DNA and she had no problems whatsoever.

Love the phone but starting to get the itch to move on to something else. The problems with the bluetooth clarity are really starting to bug me, especially since Illinois passed a law requiring hands-free while driving. People say they here an echo when they talk and my wife's is garbled. Both of our bluetooth connections in our cars work great with our old Motorola phones but I just don't want to use a Droid 3 anymore, lol! I hear we're supposed to get another update by the end of the first quarter, maybe I'll wait to see if that fixes anything. If not, I'll look at getting a Moto X.

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Try downloading Go SMS...... I THINK. It's what worked for me droid DNA... I love mine wud love better speed using att SIM in it lol.... But it GO SMS. doesn't work reply n I'll post my current APN MMS SETTING

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87