GPS gone after update

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I just had my first chance to use the GPS on my DNA today. Turned on WAZE and no GPS. Hit the quick settings grid and it shows it on but no GPS icon in notifications. Went to the Location settings and set to High Accuracy which is supposed to use GPS. Set it to "Use Device" still no GPS Tried maps same thing. Turn GPS off then back on but it still won't come in notification and apps can't find it, say GPS needs to be turned on. Even did a restart and no GPS.

Last edited:

goutgrec

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I found it again under the Google Maps app. It seems the "navigation" app was eliminated. What doofus is making this decision?

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
GPS Test on my phone is struggling to function lately.
Google Maps and Dash are having problems too.
WTF?
edit 6/5
GPS Test finds no satellites, Google Maps is vague and I uninstalled Dash because it's now worthless (it was getting a little annoying anyway) GPS worked fine after my update back on 4/24, CardioTrainer tracked our walks flawlessly and Dash worked 98% of the time. It's just been the last couple days GPS failed. I wonder if someone at VZW forget to pay the GPS bill.
I just ran GPS Test on my N7 and it worked fine.
Weird and FWIW

edit 6/6
Today everything works
Go figure

Last edited:

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
edit 6/6
Today everything works
Go figure

I had GPS problems after the update too. Not that it wouldn't work, but that the GPS readings were wildly inaccurate. An app I use to track my workouts had my distance showing about 20-25% longer in distance than they actually were, which of course throws off speed calculations, etc. And now, with no explanation, everything's fine.

I suspect it might have had something to do with Google Maps. That has been the only thing on the phone that is related to the GPS that's been updated since.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk