Google Now

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have any ideas why Google Now would suddenly NOT work with a long-press of my home button on my DNA? Works via the "Google" app from the launcher, but not the long-press anymore ....

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll try the cache clear, thanks. A reboot didn't do anything. But I tellya, it's one of a whole host of things that have gotten VERY strange about this phone in the last few days. Bizarre settings resets... features present that aren't on my son's DNA...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Question for you. If you go into your settings on your DNA, do you have a "Display & Gestures" setting? Or does it say something different?

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I know on my DNA, I recently received an update to Google Now which allows me to wake up Google Now by only saying - Okay Google from any screen. Now I don't have to press the home button to wake it up. I am, however, still able to wake the phone that way as well. You might want to check to see if your Google Now has been updated lately. If it's updated when you open the application, click on Menu, Settings. Next, click on Voice and last - "Ok Google" Detection. If your app has been updated to the latest version, you should now see many new options such as - From Google Search App, From any screen, From lock screen. These settings allow you to be able to activate google now from any screen, even when there are apps open, by just saying "Okay Google". There are instances where it works differently such as when you have your phone plugged in and/or it's in car mode. Hope this helps.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I know on my DNA, I recently received an update to Google Now which allows me to wake up Google Now by only saying - Okay Google from any screen. Now I don't have to press the home button to wake it up. I am, however, still able to wake the phone that way as well. You might want to check to see if your Google Now has been updated lately. If it's updated when you open the application, click on Menu, Settings. Next, click on Voice and last - "Ok Google" Detection. If your app has been updated to the latest version, you should now see many new options such as - From Google Search App, From any screen, From lock screen. These settings allow you to be able to activate google now from any screen, even when there are apps open, by just saying "Okay Google". There are instances where it works differently such as when you have your phone plugged in and/or it's in car mode. Hope this helps.

Excellent info - thank you! Doing the voice search works just fine now (thanks to your post) ... but it only bring up a Google search. It doesn't display Google Now. Heck, even SAYING "Ok Google show google now screen" doesn't even do it. ;-) Still nothing on the double-home either.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Try downloadning a antivirus?

Just now, yes, had to first clear some space from my overstuffed 16mb.

AVG says I'm fine. Only thing it didn't like was the "install from other sources" option, but other than that, no threats found.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Just now, yes, had to first clear some space from my overstuffed 16mb.

AVG says I'm fine. Only thing it didn't like was the "install from other sources" option, but other than that, no threats found.

You may have to factory reset then :(

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You may have to factory reset then :(

Well, since accessing Google Now with a double-home is my only real issue, I'll hold off in that for now. ;-) Especially with my upgrade only 3 months away, when I'm finally jumping off this HTC roller coaster.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, since accessing Google Now with a double-home is my only real issue, I'll hold off in that for now. ;-) Especially with my upgrade only 3 months away, when I'm finally jumping off this HTC roller coaster.

DNA is still a VERY good phone though much better then my galaxy nexus that i use LOL just get cyanogenmod or another rom and your good to go!!!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
DNA is still a VERY good phone though much better then my galaxy nexus that i use LOL just get cyanogenmod or another rom and your good to go!!!

Definitely a great piece of hardware, for sure, but HTC's habit of bringing new bugs with each update (and that's said after 5 years of HTC phones) is now beyond my ability to tolerate.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Definitely a great piece of hardware, for sure, but HTC's habit of bringing new bugs with each update (and that's said after 5 years of HTC phones) is now beyond my ability to tolerate.

Yea i hate it too i i would install a good rom and enjoy till the end :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty