Update for 9/25 who got it and when

rantain

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I am wrong but I think the "week" view is a little different. And is the calendar Icon different in the app drawer?

Calendar looks the same to me as before. I use the calendar a lot for work, I would've noticed a change.

Posted via Android Central App

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded last night installed this morning. Now my phone is even more laggy. The wait for my LG G3 cant come soon enough..Im over HTC and phones that only work smooth for a year...

You know how ridiculous you sound man? And its not just you but people in general crying about a phone and OMG it lags I'll never use HTC, Samsung, Motorola ever again then when that LG does the same thing and it will you will say the same about it. Truth be told the dna is a very solid device and as far as an android phone just working and doing what it's supposed to do its always been one of the best especially in its day and time I have been through just about everything vzw has to offer my wife still uses it works great. I'm sure you praised the dna when it was new just like everyone did and the same will be said about the LG g3. Just my rant I mean people are starving and dying and the worst stuff we have to complain about is a lagy phone I have done it myself in the past point is you want something to not be lagy in a year go nexus or moto x other then that be prepared for the same thing. It's just a phone

Posted via the Android Central App

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
You know how ridiculous you sound man? And its not just you but people in general crying about a phone and OMG it lags I'll never use HTC, Samsung, Motorola ever again then when that LG does the same thing and it will you will say the same about it. Truth be told the dna is a very solid device and as far as an android phone just working and doing what it's supposed to do its always been one of the best especially in its day and time I have been through just about everything vzw has to offer my wife still uses it works great. I'm sure you praised the dna when it was new just like everyone did and the same will be said about the LG g3. Just my rant I mean people are starving and dying and the worst stuff we have to complain about is a lagy phone I have done it myself in the past point is you want something to not be lagy in a year go nexus or moto x other then that be prepared for the same thing. It's just a phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Was a page long post needed lol? Im just sick of HTC. All phones crap out after awhile. Boohoo. At least i didn't say i was going to an Iphone.

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Read the description on the update but still wondering...can anyone confirm if it now blocks Unlocking the phone and installing custom ROMs?

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would say try it, Probably anyone still watching this forum is not flashing custom ROMs not me anyway. Just have trouble enough managing what I have here.

trade67

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My battery life completely tanked after this update. I'm getting ~13% per hour drain in idle, whereas it drained 2-5% per hour after the original KitKat update (and before that as well). Phone also gets pretty warm when charging. Has anyone seen similar battery impact?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My battery life completely tanked after this update. I'm getting ~13% per hour drain in idle, whereas it drained 2-5% per hour after the original KitKat update (and before that as well). Phone also gets pretty warm when charging. Has anyone seen similar battery impact?

Absolutely, but it's been going on a lot longer. I've had that issue since the summer. It's a miracle if I can get 6 hours on a charge now.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

trade67

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, but it's been going on a lot longer. I've had that issue since the summer. It's a miracle if I can get 6 hours on a charge now.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just the battery aging out. I bought mine in January 2013, so it should be well over 500 charging cycles by now. But the change after this update was drastic. I'm thinking of doing my first hard reboot in 2 years, although I'm not optimistic about results.

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing these battery horror stories, maybe I'm just lucky but don't have any problems before or after update. Have had the DNA since April 2013 and consistently get 2 days with moderate use.
One thing I do with every phone I have owned is NEVER charge the phone if it is above 10% power. Now I know that every phone and battery manufacturer will tell you it doesn't matter but don't believe it, it does. Has this occasionally been a problem (below 10% to charge), yes, a couple times but never a hint of a battery issue.