rooted? question about phone idle and cell stand-by percentage

jlho1980

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
i just rooted my Inc 2 with CyanogenMod 7 and i am curious, how can i reduce my Phone idle percentage (33%) and cell stand-by percentage (39%)? My percent without signal is 1%, not a big contributer.

Thanks!

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: rooted? question about phone idle and cell stand-by percentag

Try different kernels and radios. Could also be the firmware.

Edit: I know right now we dont have to many options for kernels.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

the numbers are high but if your getting good battery life thewn i wouldn't worry about it. seems everyone is getting high percentages like that with cm7

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Try changing from global mode to cdma only in the phone settings then you have only one radio running insteadnof both that should reduce your cell standby percent.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Try changing from global mode to cdma only in the phone settings then you have only one radio running insteadnof both that should reduce your cell standby percent.

you could try that but unlikely to change anything. like i said before, it just seems to be incorrect reporting, as there are lots of people posting about this issue in the cm7 boards but in terms of actual effect, there seems to be none on the battery life. so don't worry too much about it.

jlho1980

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the suggestions. when in the Mobile Network Settings, Network Mode...what is the preferred network mode? Currently im on CDMA/EvDo auto. Thanks guys/gals!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89