Any DInc2 users coming from Fascinate?

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Just Wondering. I'm hanging on hopes and prayers that the US variants will be as similar as possible as Euro SGS2 which I know seems unlikely but... oh well my Dinc2 will do for now when I get it Tuesday!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
How is the photo/video quality in comparison with Fascinate?
Even though fas has 5mp camera I've noticed it takes better photos then a lot of 8mps.. Better colors & resolution

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just recently switched. I decided to go with the Dinc2 and I'm happy with it so far. The speed is much better than the Fascinate, The screen is really good, I compared the Fascinate side by side and there wasn't much difference, the Dinc2 has a really good display.

I'm happy to have a phone that works!!

My only complaint is the Sense UI. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Some things I really like and some I don't. The photo gallery sucks, I prefer the Android stock gallery that I can sync with Picasa. Now I had to download the "Picasa Tool" app to manage my albums. I do like the mail application on Sense UI, the layout is really nice. I also like that the phone has Gingerbread on it as well.

The Fascinate was a good phone, the sad part is that the developers on this forum put out better ROMS for it than Verizon/Samsung could. Verizon and Samsung have teams of people working ont these things and the developers on this forum create these ROMS as a hobby in their spare time, makes you wonder......:-$

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How is the photo/video quality in comparison with Fascinate?
Even though fas has 5mp camera I've noticed it takes better photos then a lot of 8mps.. Better colors & resolution

Haven't tried video yet but photos are much better. My photos on Fascinate were always grainy and off color no matter the setting. I had a HTC Touch Diamond a long ways back and it had the best camera ever... this Dinc2 is comparable so far. :)

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I am done with Samsung. And I do not think the US S2 will be as good as the European one either. It may have a fast processor and high ram, but if it has a poor radio, poor gps, poor build quality, software issues like the Fascinate had then it still will not be a good device.

sent from my inc2

My thought exactly, this mighty S2 has been put on a pedestal like the original Galaxy S was. And I'm sure like many phones, will not live up to the hype. But people can hope I guess. And then another phone will take it's place as the "GOD" phone a few months later, lol.

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I received my third Fascinate last Thursday and today the phone is unusable. All I get is a Force Close with a love note stating that app.twlauncher stopped. I finally gave up and went to the local store to complain. I will have a Dinc2 by 3pm tomorrow. Hoping for better luck with this new phone.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I received my third Fascinate last Thursday and today the phone is unusable. All I get is a Force Close with a love note stating that app.twlauncher stopped. I finally gave up and went to the local store to complain. I will have a Dinc2 by 3pm tomorrow. Hoping for better luck with this new phone.

Same situation here.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried video yet but photos are much better. My photos on Fascinate were always grainy and off color no matter the setting. I had a HTC Touch Diamond a long ways back and it had the best camera ever... this Dinc2 is comparable so far. :)

Mine has actually taken Photography esque photos for me with really good color & I was satisfied with it and hd video!
http://www.picplz.com/user/kylebrody

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
this mighty S2 has been put on a pedestal like the original Galaxy S was. And I'm sure like many phones, will not live up to the hype.

Yea, the first Galaxy S phones certainly didn't live up to their promise, why should anyone expect the S2 to be any different? It was nice hardware, but between Samsung's buggy software, Verizon's whoring the phone out to any and all pre-install deals and both of their inability to release updates A. in a timely fashion and B. that solve at least as many problems as they create, it should have been called the Samsung Fiasco instead of the Fascinate.

I can't say enough how happy I am to be on a different phone and it would take a miracle for me to purchase another Samsung.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Talked to the Tech2 people last night and my new DINC2 is on the way and will be here Wed. They were out of regular batteries so we got the extended battery and cover instead. We contacted them last Friday about our issues and they waited until last night to let us decide which phone we wanted and I was told last night that the exchanges were being stopped but they were honoring ours because it was initiated last week. More VZW lies?

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the first Galaxy S phones certainly didn't live up to their promise, why should anyone expect the S2 to be any different? It was nice hardware, but between Samsung's buggy software, Verizon's whoring the phone out to any and all pre-install deals and both of their inability to release updates A. in a timely fashion and B. that solve at least as many problems as they create, it should have been called the Samsung Fiasco instead of the Fascinate.

I can't say enough how happy I am to be on a different phone and it would take a miracle for me to purchase another Samsung.

Samsung Fiasco lol.

sent from my inc2

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So my Dinc2 came in just a couple of hours ago and my initial impression of the device is as follows:

OMGWTFBBQ! this phone is the ****! I'm not exactly the biggest fan of sense but it's so much better than touchwiz or blur I can't even begin to complain. I loaded up all the homescreens with widgets just to see if I could slow it down, but I could tell it was laughing at my futile attempts by the gleam in its forward facing camera. This is what a smartphone should be.

Oh, Verizon was nice enough to throw me an extended battery for this beast too!

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So my Dinc2 came in just a couple of hours ago and my initial impression of the device is as follows:

OMGWTFBBQ! this phone is the ****! I'm not exactly the biggest fan of sense but it's so much better than touchwiz or blur I can't even begin to complain. I loaded up all the homescreens with widgets just to see if I could slow it down, but I could tell it was laughing at my futile attempts by the gleam in its forward facing camera. This is what a smartphone should be.

Oh, Verizon was nice enough to throw me an extended battery for this beast too!

I just received my Inc2 at 3pm!
I love it so far! The display is fine in comparison to Fascinate, my only complaint which isn't a complete deal breaker is Speaker phone volume :(
Other than that speed and HTC sense is nice! Even though I'm still running my beloved Go launcher ex!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I imagine I'll be throwing launcherpro on mine by the end of the night as well. And concerning the speaker, I don't really have a problem with it, it's a bit low but my samsung frustrate seemed to be even lower. Hope you enjoy your since as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I love Sense. Sometimes I get sick of it and run Go Laucher Ex. Just beware of some of the custom skins for Sense 2.1 that are found over at xda and what not. They might be causing some framework issues, not totally sure yet.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I sort of wish there was the ability to change all of the system font on Stock Sense.. Like the fascinate
Oh well

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa