Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Flip home screen/menu?

Anyone know of a way to get the home screen & menu to go into portrait mode rather than landscape?

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Default Re: Flip home screen/menu?

Not sure what you're asking here. Doesn't it default in portrait mode? Depending on your rotate settings it, should switch as you turn the phone on its side.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tlacour View Post
    Not sure what you're asking here. Doesn't it default in portrait mode? Depending on your rotate settings it, should switch as you turn the phone on its side.
    The home screen never rotates for me. Is there a way to do that?

Carrier
    RunnyMik/stock

Sense 2.0 can not rotate to landscape mode. It was supposed to be written into the Gingerbread update according to HTC but was not included for some reason. The only way to get home screens to rotate into landscape is to root and use either a vanilla rom or a rom running Sense 3.0. It is a limitation of Sense and not of Android proper. You can try bugging HTC to include it in a future update but since the hotfix they promised after the Gingerbread update has yet to appear to correct the programming errors that were in the update (see threads about widgets and programs disappearing) I wouldn't hold my breath. Your best bet is to root and go to a different ROM.

3rd party launchers can rotate the home screen. I believe Launcher Pro does and I know for a fact GO Launcher EX does it because I just did it on my phone.

yep launcher pro takes care of that

I've used LauncherPro and am currently using GoLauncher and they both rotate. I thought it was the bees knees when i got it but its kind of annoying and im thinking about turning it off.

I wish there was an easy way to take screen shots or I'd show you.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    I've used LauncherPro and am currently using GoLauncher and they both rotate. I thought it was the bees knees when i got it but its kind of annoying and im thinking about turning it off.

I wish there was an easy way to take screen shots or I'd show you.
    Yeah I feel the same way, when I found the option I thought it was cool for a few minutes but turned it off because it got kind of annoying.