Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Any closer to getting ICS?

Quote Originally Posted by jab0321 View Post
    It will, however, you can almost always revert completely back to stock configuration if needed for a warranty issue. I recently rooted and am very glad that I did. Being able to now use my phone as a hotspot, alone was worth it. There are some bugs in the ICS ROMs but only minor. Once the actual ICS ROM gets released it will be even better. I would recommend it if you have the time.
    I was thinking of rooting but I'm not sure. Is it fairly easy to do.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

I am really hoping that we get updated, but if it doesn't happen, it wouldn't bother me any....

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    I was thinking of rooting but I'm not sure. Is it fairly easy to do.

It isn't terribly difficult but it does take some time and research. I posted the link that I used a few posts back that you can read through and see if it is something that you can tackle. Good luck!
    Thanked by:
    ZachA 

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

I found a way to make my Dinc2 feel like new...I would NOT recommend this be done ON PURPOSE...last week my Droid and I suffered a "gravitational issue (HA) and, while waiting the week for my CPO replacement, I was forced to go back to my old Blackberry Curve 8530. It was a tough week. Since I have no computer (personal or otherwise), I can't root. I use Holo Launcher and deal ith it. I'll be dumping VZW by Christmas ($250 ETF) since they got rid of unlimited data (I'm retired...YES I use A LOT of data <5-9 gb streeming audio>) I'm heading to Sprint. Their signal is strong around here and (for now) they got unlimited plans. There Gnex looks nice. I want go PURE GOOGLE. My Dinc2 was my 1st Android phone. Time for a cool change.
    Last edited by mcaples1; 10-24-2012 at 07:44 AM.

I personally like my Droid Incredible 2 on 2.3.4

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

It's not bad on 2.3.4 a few problems here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    It's not bad on 2.3.4 a few problems here or there.

Definitely. I get lag here and there, but it is not severe enough to change my opinion/make we want to change devices.

I like my Inc 2 as well but I'm getting the Note 2 when it comes out but I do hope this phone gets updated as I will undoubtedly switch back and forth at times.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

November ...

1st

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    1st
    And still no update. HTC is really starting to **** me off.

Starting? Really?

I feel like getting pissed off is over and now I'm getting pissed on lol.
    nsanders likes this.

Question? If ICS doesn't let you use your sd card to store apps, won't this update cripple the phone and render it almost unusable?

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Question? If ICS doesn't let you use your sd card to store apps, won't this update cripple the phone and render it almost unusable?
    Yes it would. I would immediately probably call up HTC or Verizon and ask them what happened. I always keep as many apps on my SD card as possible.

This is why it wouldn't bother me if the phone didn't get an update. Right now, it runs perfectly and does what it is supposed to do perfectly.

Does anyone know if we will get a panoramic camera option?

ROM
    MIUI 1.11.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by jab0321 View Post
    It isn't terribly difficult but it does take some time and research. I posted the link that I used a few posts back that you can read through and see if it is something that you can tackle. Good luck!
    I wouldn't say its difficult, but its not for people that don't know some simple commands in cmd. If your knowledgeable in computer, I don't think you will have any issues. Otherwise, I wouldn't try it. It is difficult for a reason.
    Droid Incredible 2 (S-OFF)
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Evervolv-Conor-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.05.05
    Kernal 3.076-evervolv nightlies
    Oc 1.4mhz

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjpritch25 View Post
    I wouldn't say its difficult, but its not for people that don't know some simple commands in cmd. If your knowledgeable in computer, I don't think you will have any issues. Otherwise, I wouldn't try it. It is difficult for a reason.
    Little bit of a contradiction, but I understand what you mean. The main thing is to research the process and in doing so, you should be able to figure out if it is something that you are comfortable with tackling.

So what you're saying is, its not hard but it's hard.

The Nottinator
    Last edited by Markster1; 11-10-2012 at 05:33 AM.

In case anybody still cares:

Personally I have reached the "acceptance stage" and I no longer really care. Oh, and I am ordering an N4 as soon as it's available again.

They blew it, switching to Samsung.

The Nottinator

My experience with Samsung is they update their Verizon phones just as little as HTC. On the other hand, GPS is way better on HTC phones IMO. Looking at the Droid DNA now!

Well I'm not a fan of Touchwiz but there are no HTC phones I'm interested in since I bought the Dinc2, they blew it in my opinion with the DNA and I'm wanting a large phone.

The Nottinator

I love the size of my Droid Incredible 2. I don't think I could go bigger. I could definitely go smaller like the size of the Motorola Droid Razr M.

Not getting the ICS update wouldn't really bother me. I would definitely like it, but I could live without it. If they asked me if I wanted it, I would say yes. But the bad part of getting a new update is that it could come with bugs and glitches, which would make we extremely angry.

Haha this news article claims the latest tweet from HTC is proof that they may still release ICS to us. I'm not so sure...

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/...te-still-alive

also

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/21...ream-sandwich/

I am surprised HTC said that. At least they finally came open and told us what was going on. It gives us a little bit of hope. And I'm glad they didn't send it out because I definitely don't want/need connectivity issues.

I read that yesterday I'm glad they finally gave a reason and that the update is still on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast