Any closer to getting ICS?

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
JB came out for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus a few weeks ago and it makes a huge improvement in speed (and fixes the GNex radio firmware too). My poor wife's Inc2 is still stuck on GB.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What's sad it the Droid Incredible 4G LTE just got an update approved and we are still waiting for ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the point that I won't purchase a phone unless is unlockable. The problem with verizon is they bully the OEM's to lock down there devices. Currently, samsung SGS III is the only unlockable phone for VZW (newish). I keep thinking of changing carriers, but VZW coverage is the best were i live. At worst, I'll just stick with my s-off Inc2 for as long as possible.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I read today that the Thunderbolt update is in its final testing stages. Hopefully if that goes well, we will get the update.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Finally broke down and rooted and followed these instructions which were somewhat easy however I left out one important thing using the tacroot method. I forgot to Use the command "fastboot flash zip 1.09.01.0312_vivow_Radio_PG32IMG.zip" while in the bootloader to flash the newest radio which eliminates bootloops. I'm stuck in the bootloop and was wondering how to enter in that command after?

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Rooted this sucker and ICS is awesome! Followed these instructions [GUIDE] Comprehensive S-OFF/Root Methods - xda-developers CAREFULLY and had great success. I would recommend it if you are a detailed oriented person and have some patience (it took me about 4 hours probably with all the reading and researching, etc.)

Finally broke down and rooted and followed these instructions which were somewhat easy however I left out one important thing using the tacroot method. I forgot to Use the command "fastboot flash zip 1.09.01.0312_vivow_Radio_PG32IMG.zip" while in the bootloader to flash the newest radio which eliminates bootloops. I'm stuck in the bootloop and was wondering how to enter in that command after?

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

First off, read the last few pages of the linked thread and this should help you out since a few others have had the same problem. If you are in bootloop, turn the phone off and pull out the sd card. Make sure that the radio zip file (PG32IMG.zip) is in the root directory of your sd card and make sure that you rename it to PG32IMG.zip. Once this is complete insert the sd card back into the phone and power on holding the volume down button. It should boot into the bootloader and as long as you have S-Off at the top you should be prompted to install the new radio file. Follow the instructions and do not interrupt it. Once this is complete boot into CWM recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik and then reboot the phone. You should be good and can then boot back into CWM recovery and flash a new ROM etc.

If you get to the point where you have flashed the new radio successfully but can't boot into recovery, hold the power button while in the bootloader (white screen) and immediately remove the sd card and this should bypass it trying to flash the radio again. With the sd card out plug it into your computer and remove the PGIMG.zip file from the root of your sd card (this will prevent the phone from trying to flash the new radio when you reboot) When you are now in the bootloader screen, select recovery and this should boot you into CWM. From here wipe dalvik and cache and mount the sd card and reboot and it should be fine. Hope this helps. I would try to make this clearer but I don't have any more time tonight.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I surrender. Just purchased an HTC Incredible 4G from Gazelle. Gently used. Looks like new. Quick trip to VZW store to acquire SIM card and presto. I'm as up to date as I can be. Best of luck to everyone.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I surrender. Just purchased an HTC Incredible 4G from Gazelle. Gently used. Looks like new. Quick trip to VZW store to acquire SIM card and presto. I'm as up to date as I can be. Best of luck to everyone.
Congratulations on your purchase. Hope everything goes well. :thumbup::D

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that the update was going to be rolling out on OCT 21. This was just a rumor but I hope it is true.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So the Bionic,Spectrum,and Lucid all now got ICS all that's left is the Incredible 2 and Thunderbolt. Hope we are next.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase. Hope everything goes well. :thumbup::D

Thank you. I was skeptical at first. My DInc2 gets horrible phone reception and I rarely get 3G service. VZW kept telling me to go upgrade, but I thought it was a ploy. Well after a few days of use, I can tell you that I get a better signal, about 5-10 dBm better. And I get 3G data where I was only getting 2G before (and 4G in areas where I used to get 3G). So, something to think about. There are plenty of used phones at reasonable prices on the secondary market. This is a great option if you want to retain your unlimited data plan (like I did).

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm so irritated. Will rooting absolutely void my warranty?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2