Any closer to getting ICS?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, as it gets closer to the 2 year mark since release I'm losing faith that it will be updated. I'm thinking it just isn't going to happen. I'll be happy and shocked if it does.

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's been almost two months with no issues. I'm using AT&T's EDGE network for data speed, which is quite slow, but I haven't had any issue with data usage. So far, unlimited is unlimited. I'll update if things change.

Ha let us know when you test that "unlimited" data.

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
February 4, 2013 and no update. Are Incredible 2 owners fools for waiting for HTC and the ICS update, or will the ice cream man deliver the goods eventually? I will say this: if the ICS update comes late, I'll be upset they made us wait so long, but grateful that it came. If it does not come, I'll seriously question whether I'll ever purchase another HTC product again. Does anyone have any clues as to the release timeframe?

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
February 4, 2013 and no update. Are Incredible 2 owners fools for waiting for HTC and the ICS update, or will the ice cream man deliver the goods eventually? I will say this: if the ICS update comes late, I'll be upset they made us wait so long, but grateful that it came. If it does not come, I'll seriously question whether I'll ever purchase another HTC product again. Does anyone have any clues as to the release timeframe?

It should be really soon considering the thunderbolt update was just released and they were both held back by connectivity issues. Hopefully it will be passed soon, but I don't really care about it...:rolleyes:

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I found a way to make my Dinc2 feel like new...I would NOT recommend this be done ON PURPOSE...last week my Droid and I suffered a "gravitational issue (HA) and, while waiting the week for my CPO replacement, I was forced to go back to my old Blackberry Curve 8530. It was a tough week. Since I have no computer (personal or otherwise), I can't root. I use Holo Launcher and deal ith it. I'll be dumping VZW by Christmas ($250 ETF) since they got rid of unlimited data (I'm retired...YES I use A LOT of data <5-9 gb streeming audio>) I'm heading to Sprint. Their signal is strong around here and (for now) they got unlimited plans. There Gnex looks nice. I want go PURE GOOGLE. My Dinc2 was my 1st Android phone. Time for a cool change.

This phone is nice REALLL NICE haha jk but yeah this 32gb worth of data and LTE is a plus. I did the same I left vzw last march and hasn't looked back since.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It's been almost two months with no issues. I'm using AT&T's EDGE network for data speed, which is quite slow, but I haven't had any issue with data usage. So far, unlimited is unlimited. I'll update if things change.

Hahahahaha why???????

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I got fed up and bought a new galaxy nexus yesterday. Forget ICS, I'll take jelly bean. Plus then keyboard response on the dinc2 is so bad. I love the size of the phone but the lack of support and poor build makes it the last HTC phone I'll own.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I got fed up and bought a new galaxy nexus yesterday. Forget ICS, I'll take jelly bean. Plus then keyboard response on the dinc2 is so bad. I love the size of the phone but the lack of support and poor build makes it the last HTC phone I'll own.

Haha yeah my girls inc2 USB port died on her today and vzw is sending her a incredible 4g Tuesday.

Ultranius

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I asked HTC this exact question and the answer I received was the following:

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support Center!

We understand it is important to have a phone that meets your needs; we will do our best to provide a solution.

In regards on your question about the update ICS for the HTC Incredible 2, please read the information below:

HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software. The normal time period between the final acceptance testing and release of software is about a week and often shorter than that.

I completely understand this update is really important for you [insert name], and we thank you so much for your support and patience with this matter, we really appreciate customers like you.

Please stay tuned for further updates, at this website below:

?About HTC

This doesn't guarantee a release, but at least it gives us hope. HTC's website says nothing under 512MB for memory will receive the ICS update. Since Incredible 2 has 768MB, it should be clear sailing until ICS arrives. There's hope yet! :D

mcaples

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Well...I actually DUMPED VZW & HTC...went Sprint & S3 and NEVER looking back...I can't even IMAGINE whats NEXT after JellyBean...its THAT GOOD!!

jclarkr6

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
hey does any one have teh stock ICS ROM my thunderbolts update feature stopped working and I don;t feel like buying a new hone or losing my unlimited data contract from verizon

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
When will this roll out?
Got it this afternoon. Didn't receive a Push message from Verizon but saw the above item on Android Central so I manually checked. File downloaded was < 5MB and only took 5-6 minutes to install. I haven't noticed any obvious changes on my phone after the update.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I also just received the update. I don't notice any differences but we will see how it goes...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Was excited about an OTA update ONLY to find that it gave me 2.3.4, which is still Gingerbread.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

desertcat

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Could just be me, but after the OTA update, it cleared my world clock and won't let me add any cities. Tried restarting my phone already, no luck.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez