Daughter needs upgrade.

macman4

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My Daughter has a upgrade to use. Tomorrow she is going to decide from the HTC DI2, the Thunderbolt or the Samsung Droid Charge. She has already heard that the Thunderbolt battery needs charging often, not sure if that is true. She Kinda wanted 4G but not necessary. She is a Blackberry user. What do you think guys, which should she get?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt will need to be charged every day. I get about 20 hours of up time with 4 hours of that being display on time (meaning I was messing with the phone so that the display is on). Some little tweaks are needed on the Bolt to ensure battery life. Are you in a 4G city? If you're not getting 4G for a long time then the major advantage of the 4G phones is nill.

But chances are she will need to charge every one of those phones every day unless a extended battery is purchased. Just the nature of android.

The Charge is going to be a nice looking phone (screen wise) that supposedly has better battery than the Bolt so far. Updates to Gingerbread are probably going to be longer if that matters to you.

Inc2 is going to be great and battery should be quite nice.

But unfortunately all of these phones only are offered on a 2 year contract (or paying outright for them) and that stinks since they are all running on late 2010 specs. I'd try and wait till next week for the reviews on the Charge and Inc2 to come in before deciding which one to get. Also there is a difference in price from 200 to 300$ on these phones too (assuming 2 year contract).

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
the TB does use a lot of juice. Best bet is to play with them and make your decision. If you and your daughter haven't really checked them out, take a couple of days to make your decision. Read up on them. You only get 14 days to try a device, no longer have the 30 days. Personally, I have the original Incredible and love it. 4G isn't important to me.
3g is still decent. It is preference. HTC makes a good product. I am not fond of Samsung.
Like I said, check them all out. Don't let the reps sway you towards one over the other.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a idea the Fascinate it's on special and if 4G isn't that important you sure could save a lot of money. $149.99 -$50.00 rebate.
Remember there isn't a time factor on using the up date. I have a line that is three years for a update and until my father in law will never upgrade that line he doesn't want me to be commited to two year just in case he passes. ( he will probably live to a100)

macman4

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, not sure what she will get and she's in no big hurry. I told her to wait until Charge comes out, then go to the Verizon store and check them out. My other daughter has upgrade next month.

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I will admit, at first I bashed the Dinc2 in Phil's video review. But the more I read up on it, I am slowly beginning to like it. Yes I am weird.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
from what I hear it sounds as if the Incredible 2 will be the best of the phones you want. But if you want to wait a little longer you could also try out the droid x2

vitomins

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just a idea the Fascinate it's on special and if 4G isn't that important you sure could save a lot of money. $149.99 -$50.00 rebate.
Remember there isn't a time factor on using the up date. I have a line that is three years for a update and until my father in law will never upgrade that line he doesn't want me to be commited to two year just in case he passes. ( he will probably live to a100)

My fiancee bought the Fascinate last night when I was getting my dInc2 and it was even cheaper than that!

This is how it rang up for her: 149.99 - $75 discount = 74.99 and then she got a $50 mail in rebate! So after all is said and done, she will have the Fascinate for about $25! That is an incredible deal even though the phone has is not the greatest.

I have no idea how it rang up that way and not sure if it can be recreated, but that is what happened last night...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress