Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yes I say give it a weeks worth of charges to see what its capable of. As far as the screen beeing the biggest drain during airplane mode that's normal it should show a very high number because nothing else is really using that much power
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

sounds good sounds good. i hope to see some of the battery life everyone else seems to be raving about. i'm loving everything else about it at the moment.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Quote Originally Posted by Last Ride View Post
    Yesterday was my first full day with the phone. I took it off the charger at 6:30, and the phone died around 5:15 that afternoon. After hearing all these reports of wonderful battery life, I was a bit disappointed. Still, it's better than my OG Droid. The thing is, yesterday was a pretty light day of use, I thought. I sent a few texts, took exactly one picture, and played Angry Birds. The kicker is, I work in the basement of a 100-year-old building, so the phone is constantly searching for a signal yet rarely pulling one. I have the screen brightness on the lowest setting, but it was still the biggest power robber. I'll keep monitoring.

Bryan
    You answered your own question on why the battery was drained. I mentioned a few posts back I have the same issue at work so I base my battery life test when I'm home and have a signal. Wait until the weekend when you're not in the office, you'll see far better battery life.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

soo.. i've read posts saying the need for bump charging is gone on this phone, but i'm starting to doubt that. both times i've taken off my phone from charger after hours (5+) of charging from about 40%, within 30 minutes i drop about 6-7% doing absolutely nothing on the phone. it has display off and is just sitting there literally in my room while i get ready for school or work. pick up my phone and i'm already at 93%. anyone else seeing this? i know my phone is only a few days old, but regardless, i don't think that should be the reason for this right?

btw i have gps, bt, and wifi all turned off and good (3-4 bars) signal.

Quote Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
    soo.. i've read posts saying the need for bump charging is gone on this phone, but i'm starting to doubt that. both times i've taken off my phone from charger after hours (5+) of charging from about 40%, within 30 minutes i drop about 6-7% doing absolutely nothing on the phone. it has display off and is just sitting there literally in my room while i get ready for school or work. pick up my phone and i'm already at 93%. anyone else seeing this? i know my phone is only a few days old, but regardless, i don't think that should be the reason for this right?

btw i have gps, bt, and wifi all turned off and good (3-4 bars) signal.
    Having the same issue. I think we'll still have to bump charge. It's 'incredibly bad' that HTC hasn't fixed this yet. Unbelievable really.

And unfortunately I work in a friggin basement too. Constantly searching for a signal - I've resorted to turning off mobile data/sync when I'm here at work. At least I can text I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by templetonryecy View Post
    Having the same issue. I think we'll still have to bump charge. It's 'incredibly bad' that HTC hasn't fixed this yet. Unbelievable really.

And unfortunately I work in a friggin basement too. Constantly searching for a signal - I've resorted to turning off mobile data/sync when I'm here at work. At least I can text I guess!
    ok first off, wow bad pun.

second i don't have the same problem that i had with the DINC1. when i take it off the charger it doesn't drop 10% in as many minutes. Its a fairly even drain rate assuming i'm not using it

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Do any of you guys know how it compares to a Motorola Original DROID? I am swapping from a Droid to the Inc2. Just curious.

Has anyone tested the Google navigation while charging in a car to see if it keeps up or charges?
    I was curious about that too because the TB barely increased while on GPS and on a 45 minute drive. My first day on the Incredible 2 (after all my setup and apps were installed) on a 20-25 minute drive it charged 22% with GPS on.

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by templetonryecy View Post

Ive tried to bump charge as well, but when I turned my phone off (while plugged in and charged to 100%) the light stays green...I recall it turning orange on the first Incredible. Either way, the battery is much better so I havent needed to do it yet. Being on Eris, then the Droid, then the Droid#2, then the Incredible#1, then the TB and now this device, this is by far the best battery life I experienced.

Ok something weird here. I just started using the 2150 extended battery today and was taking some pics for the thread I started on it. When I pulled battery out to take a pic I had 27% left and when I re installed the battery I am at 32%. Did the phone just recalculated what battery it had left or is something goofy with the phone?

ROM
    Stock

It's typical, I see it happen all the time on my Blackberrys

I don't think people realize this is normal for any phone after you "break in" the battery.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Quote Originally Posted by dave9851 View Post
    I don't think people realize this is normal for any phone after you "break in" the battery.
    Also people saying they get bad battery life and need to bump charge while in the thought stating they work in dead zones.

No matter what phone you have your phone will get crushed when in dead zones.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Oh and I'm at 16 hours since unplugged and 52% display.

Love this battery.
    Last edited by dave9851; 05-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Light usage while at work 11 hours and 46 minutes later still at 72%
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    It would be really useful if you guys posted the total time since unplugged and Display On Time (along with battery percent remaining) to get an idea of actual usage.
    Menu / settings / about phone / battery / battery use

Battery Status Bar by modded logic is a great app for displaying percentages of your battery life.

https://market.android.com/details?i....BatteryStatus

Why? Mine just 6ish when I was searching Internet.I will check it asap.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

I'm really sad that I'm not getting anywhere near the battery life everyone else has been reporting. In loving just about everything else about this phone except for the battery life. Just hoping that after a few more charge cycles it will improve

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Bik2101

post what applications you have running or installed, between everyone here, we might see something that is causing your issue.. or it might just be a bad unit or battery, who knows ;-)

I had terrible battery life on my Inc1 and someone helped me to discover it was my pop settings, i had it set to sync every 5 minutes and 3 accounts (plus my exchange was pushing too) and it was killing my battery..

Let us know.....

ROM
    Stock

I went 6 hours from about ~95% to ~13% last night while listening to tunes, playing on FaceBook, playing Words with Friends, surfing the web, browsing Android Market, playing Angry Birds, chatting on GChat and WhatsApp, etc....literally putting it down for no more than 60 seconds at a time...trust me, I have A LOT of free time out here when I am not at work....my Storm wouldn't have lasted 3 hours doing that...AWESOME

A great little Battery App, almost like MeterBerry I had on my BB: [APP] 27-OCT-2010 Circular battery Indicator with % (No root required) - xda-developers

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sugrat View Post
    Bik2101

post what applications you have running or installed, between everyone here, we might see something that is causing your issue.. or it might just be a bad unit or battery, who knows ;-)

I had terrible battery life on my Inc1 and someone helped me to discover it was my pop settings, i had it set to sync every 5 minutes and 3 accounts (plus my exchange was pushing too) and it was killing my battery..

Let us know.....
    thanks sugrat.. it does seem like my battery is getting better. it might just be that it has to go through a few cycles so i'm going to try doing the whole discharging til about 5-10% then full charge cycle a few times and then i'll report back. hopefully, i will be seeing much better battery life then. if not, i will post all that info and see if someone here can help me figure out what the issue is.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

Okay, this weekend I was able to stay out of the dungeon (work) and had a strong signal the majority of the time. I got nearly 47 hours unplugged with maybe an hour of gaming, some texting, and a few phone calls. I would say pretty light use, but nearly two days of life!

Bryan

Has anyone tried the DInc2 with the extended battery?

No problems with battery life over here. I am impressed.

I too am shocked by the phenomenal battery life of the DINC 2. I have no "studies" to point to, only anecdotal evidence from my experience, but this is lasting at least twice as long as my Incredible did. At the end of the average day, I still have 50-60% life remaining.

After adjusting the settings to where nothing vibrates and using it solely as a phone and moderate to heavy texting device, I've discovered I can go from 6:30am to about midnight of the same day. Quite impressive, taking into account the awful battery life of the 1st Incredible.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast