He didn't want my help but could have used it...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So I'm at the Verizon store tonight playing with the DInc2. There is a sales guy walking around showing a guy who has no clue what he wants/needs/or is looking for different phones. I hear sales guy mentioning the DInc2 and I am holding the only working one in the store. So I hold it up and say here, feel free. I handed him the phone and backed up a few feet to listen. He's going over the specs for the clueless customer...

4" screen, dual core...

I was like, wait, what are you saying?? :confused: Did you just say dual core? Its not dual core, but I'm sure that sounds good to your clueless customer and coming from the less than fully clueful sales guy. I tried to interject a bit to point out that it was a world phone and that it had a bigger screen than clueless customer's iPhone after the customer commented on how the phone was bigger than his iPhone. I wanted to say, Hey! Sales guy! Its single core. Let me sell the phone for you. He seemed to ignore all of my (what I thought helpful) interjections from the peanut gallery 3 feet away. I guess in the end he didn't need my help because the guy bought the phone. I just found the whole thing rather amusing and thought I'd share. :p

Other than my fun story, I do like the phone. It feels better in my hand than my Fascinate does, I think because the edges are a little thinner and because of the rubberized finish. I'd have to get rid of Sense though in favor of Launcher Pro+ that I'm currently using.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My sister is switching to Verizon with my parents (she's 23, but still a student so she's on their plan) and I'm steering her to either the Droid X2 or the DINC2. She said she didn't want a smartphone initially, but Verizon's selection of dumbphones sucks and I know she wouldn't be happy with any of them. I'm specifically steering her towards the Dinc 2 because I think Sense is easy enough for her to learn right away, and will ease her into Android instead of scaring her away.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My sister is switching to Verizon with my parents (she's 23, but still a student so she's on their plan) and I'm steering her to either the Droid X2 or the DINC2. She said she didn't want a smartphone initially, but Verizon's selection of dumbphones sucks and I know she wouldn't be happy with any of them. I'm specifically steering her towards the Dinc 2 because I think Sense is easy enough for her to learn right away, and will ease her into Android instead of scaring her away.

Yea, I agree. And, once she gets a smartphone and sees all that they can do there will be no going back. I've had LPP since about the first day of my Fascinate so I guess I'm just used to it. Sense does have some nice stuff, like the different tabs in the App Drawer where you can just go to your favorite programs and not have to sort through all of the bloatware.