Music Skips Using Bluetooth

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been using bluetooth to play music in my car with the Storm for quite a while, it's one of the few things that did work with that phone. But with the Incredible the music skips and has drop-outs . It happens several times during each song and it occurs using Slacker(cached songs), Pandora (streaming) and my songs that are stored on the SD. There's also lots of "wow and flutter", this is when music speeds up and slows down just enough to notice the change in pitch.

Also, when I plug my headphones in when I am leaving the car, it doesn't switch over to them. I get error messages as I walk away from the car and as the bluetooth signal gets weaker. (Although the Storm did some odd things as I left the car too, it would start playing random music from my stored collection)

This is a BIG feature for me because I hate listening to the car radio, anyone know what the problem might be?

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been using bluetooth to play music in my car with the Storm for quite a while, it's one of the few things that did work with that phone. But with the Incredible the music skips and has drop-outs . It happens several times during each song and it occurs using Slacker(cached songs), Pandora (streaming) and my songs that are stored on the SD. There's also lots of "wow and flutter", this is when music speeds up and slows down just enough to notice the change in pitch.

Also, when I plug my headphones in when I am leaving the car, it doesn't switch over to them. I get error messages as I walk away from the car and as the bluetooth signal gets weaker. (Although the Storm did some odd things as I left the car too, it would start playing random music from my stored collection)

This is a BIG feature for me because I hate listening to the car radio, anyone know what the problem might be?

I had this problem with the stock ROM on the N1 as well (car is a VW). I rooted, flashed Cyanogen ROM 5.06 and the problem is gone. Audio over BT works great now. Streams Pandora, voice on turn-by-turn nav, etc.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew wtf you just said and how to do it LOL!!!! That's a little outside my skillset I think. Does it also void the warranty?

Last edited:

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew wtf you just said and how to do it LOL!!!! That's a little outside my skillset I think. Does it also void the warranty?

You don't have to worry about what he said. There's no custom ROMs to flash yet for the Incredible.

But if you want a translation, go to the stickies and read up on "rooting."

And don't ask what "rooting" is once you get there... ;)

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to worry about what he said. There's no custom ROMs to flash yet for the Incredible.

But if you want a translation, go to the stickies and read up on "rooting."

And don't ask what "rooting" is once you get there... ;)

Lol, thanks douger & rvinny. I am going to first try re-pairing my Inc. with the cars BT later and see if that does the trick. I found people on other forums had similar problems with BT headphones and re-pairing fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95