Best online deals Amazon/VZW/BB ect.

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Nobody can seem to answer this question, why does BestBuy mark up the price $70 more than what the phone actually costs? If it's $529.99, it should be $529.99, where is the extra $70 coming from?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon rep. (Matt, hell of a guy!). My new every 2 wasn't supposed to be up till 2/8/2011 since I only got my Storm a little over a year ago. I have been looking all day for a cheaper source for the phone and the Amazon deal with extending my contract was the cheapest at $249.00. So needless to say I was a bit miffed because I want an android phone. (My wife has the eris I've liked it since she got it.)

Well I figured what the hell, call up Verizon worst that will happen they won't price me better. Told him what I wanted to do, told him to look at my account and how I've went through 4 storms since I bought the first one, told him how unhappy I was and I put emphasis on how unhappy I was.....after waiting on hold for him to talk with a supervisor he came back on the line about 3 minutes later and said, "Good News! We will go ahead and honor the 2 year contract price and knock off $50 from the total purchase!" I was really suprised!

After rebate I will end up only paying $174 for the Incredible!!! I'm still not sure what the $50 was for, I guess from having to go through 4 phones to get a good one, and my attitude I think could be read without me needing to get too nasty. $100 rebate hopefully goes through without issue!

So in the end, I ended up paying about $75 more than if I waited till Feburary of 2011, but I'll take the chunk since they pushed up my upgrade path about 8 months! This is why I love Verizon!

End game, even though it looks bad for you, be nice but firm and ask. It never hurts. BTW the rep I talked with was probably so helpful because he said I would love the phone his is on order now replacing his Storm2 because he hated it and his Storm1. I guess maybe the supervisor was in the same boat. He also mentioned to me that this new phone has blew up the support system there because of the volume of calls wanting early upgrades, swapping to android phone etc. This is a good day!

Soon I'll be away from cell phone hell!

(I think I'm going to like this site ;})

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Bought Incredible at Best Buy for VZW price

I was able to buy the Incredible today at Best Buy for the VZW price (529.99 vs 599.99). All they wanted was a page printout from the website showing the lower price.

I'll speak more on the phone itself once I've played with it some more.

bmxfreak995

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
best buy hooked me up as well. charged me for 300 with a one year and came back the next day and said it should have been 269 and they refunded me the 30.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That would be the price if

#1 you sign a new 2 year contract that puts you at $199
#2 your new every 2 is up for the $100 credit that puts you at $99

Like I said above they gave me an extended 2 year and put me at $199 then gave me half of my new every 2 since I was 8 months out, so I only paid $174 for mine. If I would have waited 8 more months for my new every two to roll around I could have gotten it for $99.

I hope that made sense.....

retro77

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon and my new every two wasn't until August. I got the Incredible for $294. Odd price, but it's better than full price.

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just spent several minutes with Verizon customer service - trying to figure out why Amazon Verizon wireless offers a rate of $149.99 for "new contracts" but only $199.99 for "upgrades to old contracts" even when the contract is beyond the 2yrs. Seems like Verizon isn't rewarding loyalty at all. Anybody who any way around this? Is there any way non-primary line upgraders (who are due for 2yr rate, but for the second line in a family plan, thus not eligible for the newEvery2 discount) get the $149.99 deal?

hawkfrost

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I got this as well from my local Verizon Store. I was stunned! My wife wanted a Droid and I wanted an Incredible. So, the Droid ended up being $99 after MIR and her NE2 discount, and mine was free after $100 MIR.

Local Corp. Verizon store will not do this for me. They will not discount the AI. I called CS and they wouldn't do it either. Me and my son are due for upgrades. He wants the Droid and I want the Incredible, but so far no luck.

:(

retro77

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Local Corp. Verizon store will not do this for me. They will not discount the AI. I called CS and they wouldn't do it either. Me and my son are due for upgrades. He wants the Droid and I want the Incredible, but so far no luck.

:(

Find a real Verizon store, not a contracted store/kiosk.

Washout

May 6, 2010
Visit site
A coworker pre-ordered her phone for $99. I tried to do it and it came up $199. System says I can renew now but my NE2 isn't up till December. I called cust service to find out what the diff was. I was told that she got the $100 online plus the $100 new every two because her previous contract was started prior to 2/14/2009 and has an $89.99 phone package (not including data). I was told I get $30.00. I went online, still $199. Talked to the online tech. He said the $30 shows up on the Review your Order page. Nada. Still $199. He told me to call eservice and gave me the number. I called them. The lady tried to BS me around by saying if I get the phone now I become eligible for the $30 discount in December. I said do I have to order another phone in December to get the $30 or do you apply it to my account. She said I become eligible in December. Again I asked her. She paused and said if I order the phone now for $199. I have to order another phone in December to get the $30. If I order now I can forget the NE2 discount since I won't be ordering another phone in December.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
20% off code

I just ordered a incredible using the promo code DEALPRO....
PHONE 199.99
CASE 12.74
TAX 18.35
TOTAL BILL 104.25 ($21.27 SAVINGS)
+ FREE 2ND DAY SHIPPING

rickjs

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not eligible for an upgrade for many months....many months.

Just for the heck of it, I went to Amazon and went through the whole purchase process indicating I am an existing customer...providing all info to "verify" I am eligible for an upgrade and it went through all the way to the purchase screen indicating a price of $199.

I chickened-out at that point. Will this really work and I can get the phone on my current account, and only that account? Or, is it giving me a new account and, thus, doubling my monthly expenses? I can't believe I can get around the eligible upgrade process this easily.