Factory reset

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...It should only happen when you have selected "Factory Reset". Could you be a bit more specific? When did it happen? What were you doing when it happened? Are you saying its spontaneously factory reseting itself?

Are you rooted, or stock?

Blahzee#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yea just all of a sudden it keeps displaying the droid screen where its say droid in that robotic voice. then it doesnt get past that to the home screen no matter what i do (battery pull, turn off then on). the same thing happened twice, i just wanna know what causes it so maybe i can prevent it. I dont have it rooted or anything it just suddenly happened when im just looking at something. also i heard it doesnt happen with gingerbread so im just waiting for that.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me that you're describing the Incredible's well-documented random restart/bootloop problem, and not a factory reset, which is a specific term of art that refers to wiping all of the data on your phone and returning it to its original manufacture state.

Are you losing all of your data or is your phone just constantly rebooting?

Blahzee#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yes jerethi thats what im talking about wasnt sure what it was called, but yes i do lose all the data. so why does that happen? has it happened to you?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced the same problem so don't have any useful suggestions. I have yet to receive the OTA, but hope it does fix this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11