Google Talk signing off and on a lot

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find the GChat app on the phone. I want to disable it. I'm gchatting on my PC and getting the messages on the PC and the phone. I don't want that.

hadisious

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find the GChat app on the phone. I want to disable it. I'm gchatting on my PC and getting the messages on the PC and the phone. I don't want that.

Look in All Programs, for "Talk"
Icon is a little chat bubble that says... "Talk"

not sure how to disable it though. You can make it so it doesn't sign you in automatically in the app settings. That could solve your problem.

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Why would the wifi sleep setting create this problem while we are actually using google talk? I understand about it turning wifi off when the phone sleeps, but I'm talking about repeatedly disconnecting and logging back while I'm actually using google talk on the phone.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Look in All Programs, for "Talk"
Icon is a little chat bubble that says... "Talk"

not sure how to disable it though. You can make it so it doesn't sign you in automatically in the app settings. That could solve your problem.

Sweet -- thanks!

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
any answers on this yet? i dont use a wifi connection and i have the always on data feature off

seems like a service issue that the antenna just isnt as good as the droid

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wanna know what the issue is? Wifi sleep policy.

If you're using Wifi, after 15 min. the wifi goes dormant and disconnects obviously to save battery life. To disable this:

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi Sleep Policy > Never

That will keep the wifi connected at all times. Obviously if you turn wifi off and just use the mobile network, GTalks connection will be determined by the network rather than wifi, but if you're using Wifi, that's the reason it's disconnecting.

In the option you listed, it says "Specify when to switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data". so even though the wi-fi is turned off, shouldn't the data used continue through the mobile network? (assuming you left the option to keep data on when in standby). Or is there a slight period of no data connection when this transition happens, which is causing the issue?

nygolfmc

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The WiFi sleep mode is not the problem. I tested it out and don't even really use the WiFi option, but it disconnected from gtalk after 15 min of not using it. I would really appreciate it if someone has a solution for this because I really need it to stay connected throughout the day. Thanks.

blw1230

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I get the disconnected message fairly often and I'm not using wifi. Don't think I've used wifi when I've used GTalk. But it seems like the message is always delivered so I hadn't really worried about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez