Why do i have extra words and numbers after the date on Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge?

A

AC Question

After my phone updated to Android N, the date on my lock screen and always on display has had extra words after the date. Its been going on for about 3 months now. For example my lock screen says at the moment: Mon, 22 May (Khor 1) 12:34pm. The extra words and numbers (Khor 1) changes every day, like tomorrow will be (Khor 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on until Khor 30 or 31 then change to a different word. My best guess is that it is a foreign language calendar date name like May = Khor or something but I can't find any evidence, nor do i care. I just want it gone and have tried everything. Has anyone else got this issue, can someone help me get rid of the extra words and numbers they are garbage to me.
Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There have been one or two there posts about this, with no fix found so far as I recall.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why your phone is doing that. Stupid question, but have you gone to your display settings and checked for anything abnormal? Which country are you using your Edge out of?

J R Smith

May 24, 2017
Visit site
No i still haven't. Yeah language setting is English and the rest is ok, just have to wait. I don't really want to reset my device for just a little thing like this.

J R Smith

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your help but this didn't work for me and it looks like it didn't for the people in that link too. They did mention it is from the Iran calendar. Interesting.

J R Smith

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Ok so no resolution yet but i found out that the extra dates are from the Persian calendar. I also couldn't get samsung pay at all on my phone so i talked to samsung Australia and they said that my phone isn't Australian stock it is actually UAE (United Arab Emirates) Stock, which also explains the date problem. I purchased my phone from Kogan.com.au they ship world wide so there's the source of the problem right there for me anyways. I'm just guessing everyone with this problem can't get Samsung Pay too and purchased from Kogan or similar sites?

Lrom

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I just upgraded my samsung s7 edge and it does the same thing. I resetted the phone as well...and it comes back very annoying...very...mine says mehr 17 for today's date...yesterday was mehr 16..any solution would be appreciated