Can Stock 2.3.4 OTA Dinc be rooted?

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the DInc and when the OTA 2.3.4 pushed she was one that did get it. Ever since she got it the phone has been not receiving texts every once in a while and it uninstalled some apps of hers. Including Launcher Pro. Now she can't get LP to work at all and she is having other issues with it also. So she finally tells me to root the phone.

My question is Can her non rooted Incredible that has 2.3.4 OTA installed be rooted? I have searched and have seen conflicting answers. Will UnRevoked method work or any other method work to root this phone? Anyone with this information please help.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not as of yet. There will be no confusion when it is available. This forum will definitely have it when it's ready. Take the phone to VZW ASAP. Haven't heard anyone I know with those problems. A root method will be available, just a matter of time. Ever since my BB Tour, I don't trust VZW OTA's. I was running leaked os versions of the BB OS. I had OS 5 in several different leaks before the OTA dropped. I had the leak before it became "official". The leak prior to it was a thousand times better. I kept that, and swore of "official" updates until others in forums would comment on them.

This one is no different. I've heard a lot of good things, but from here on out, I will only install "rooted" versions of OTA's.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Almost hate to even add this but if you haven't done a factory reset since receiving the OTA, might not be a bad idea. Feel like a Verizon tech for suggesting that as a fix.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Almost hate to even add this but if you haven't done a factory reset since receiving the OTA, might not be a bad idea. Feel like a Verizon tech for suggesting that as a fix.

But it's a good suggestion. Most of the problems people face after an OTA can be fixed with a reset - some can't. The majority of users have no issues at all.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I kinda figured I would have my Wife do a factory reset to see if it clears her issues with Launcher Pro and also she has had a nasty battery drain problem since the update also. I'll update you when she does it which wont be until at least this weekend.

Thanks for the response everyone!

jginger1975

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope its soon when someone cracks the root problem. I've been wanting to root my Dinc for a long time and after I received the update I had some free time to do it but now cant. :confused:

str8fan7

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I had issues after I got my OTA, including losing all of my widgets, did a factory reset and everything came back and started working just fine. can't wait to get rooted again.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer