Google Earth for Incredible - Still Nothing?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Man if you end up with more than 768MB of apps installed you wouldn't be able to remember what apps do what lol.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Man if you end up with more than 768MB of apps installed you wouldn't be able to remember what apps do what lol.

I ended up erasing some useless apps (Neocore, for example), cleared the cache and set the Mail app to go to the SD card, and Google Earth still didn't work.

Had to uninstall and re-install. Now it works.

I've noticed that some apps don't erase the folders they make on your SD card after uninstall. I find that very annoying. Are we going to need some sort of Uninstall program like they had in the early days of Windows?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Actually ExZeus Arcade seems small when they show 957kb as the app size, until I ran it and it tells me it needs to d/l 57MB more. Are you freaking kidding me it will take 58MB of app space that is friggin nuts.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yup same here. I tried this once before and it didn't work so I tried it again just now to see if it was fixed and no it isn't... :-(

Got tired of waiting... enjoy boys and girls, Just downliad it to your SD card and then open Astro or your fav file manager and install.

google_earth.apk

EDIT: Tried cleaning the market cache and it worked. If it doesn't work for you then use the file above.

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You do realize you could have cleared the cache for Market then removed the update for Market and it would have been visible. This has been covered earlier in this thread. There is no need to install from Astro anymore.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You do realize you could have cleared the cache for Market then removed the update for Market and it would have been visible. This has been covered earlier in this thread. There is no need to install from Astro anymore.

Actually I tried that first and it showed it in the market screen but not show as installed (as expected with a side loaded app) but when I tried to install it over itself it said the app wast signed correctly. Removed it then cleared the cache so it showed up and I installed. Note that I edited the post AFTER I posted the link to download. I left it there in case anyone else is having issues.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It won't showed as installed if you didn't install it through the market. And it won't overwrite it if you didn't install from the same verified source. Glad you got it working!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
It won't showed as installed if you didn't install it through the market. And it won't overwrite it if you didn't install from the same verified source. Glad you got it working!

That's why I said "as expected" because apps that are not installed via the market are considered "side loaded" ;-)

Yeah I am too. I prefer to get may apps that way so I can keep them updated. Annoys me that they didn't release the 3d gallery into the market and I had to install manually so now if there are upgrades I wont know. :eek:

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What the!

I can't seem to install it. I keep getting a "Package was not written correctly" message
I know this is a few days late, but if you're still having this problem I may have a solution.

Did you by chance install it from another source? I found an .apk for it downloadable another site (I think the same one VZWRocks posted above). It installed and appeared legit.

When it finally showed up in the Marketplace, I was able to download it, but install failed with a "package not signed correctly" error. I tried several times over a period of 2-3 days with the same result.

I wasn't having problems with the other version so I didn't bother with it again until this morning I decided it would be better to have the 'official' version so I removed the previous one, redownloaded and installed the Marketplace version and it worked fine.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a few days late, but if you're still having this problem I may have a solution.

Did you by chance install it from another source? I found an .apk for it downloadable another site (I think the same one VZWRocks posted above). It installed and appeared legit.

When it finally showed up in the Marketplace, I was able to download it, but install failed with a "package not signed correctly" error. I tried several times over a period of 2-3 days with the same result.

I wasn't having problems with the other version so I didn't bother with it again until this morning I decided it would be better to have the 'official' version so I removed the previous one, redownloaded and installed the Marketplace version and it worked fine.

LOL hey Bark read the 4 or 5 posts above you. That's what we were talking about. Thanks for the information though lol.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I was reading through them, but for some reason I thought they were still talking about rolling back the Market app and clearing its cache.

I just re-read one of VZWRocks' posts and I saw what I missed.

Sorry about that.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Not an issue friend, someone will find what you posted useful, as most people don't read all the thread. Good information none the less!

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Google earth is in the market it seems. Guess I'll install the obeisance got from the apk and download this one. Under recent additions. Nice.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Google earth is in the market it seems. Guess I'll install the obeisance got from the apk and download this one. Under recent additions. Nice.

Yeah, I downloaded it from the market a couple of days ago, and have had no trouble at all with it. In fact the other night I was watching a Show called build it Bigger. They were in Kuwait, and I used google earth to see if the tower was done yet...It wasnt.

Does anyone have any idea how up to date it is? I think it shows me at work, but in another picture the fence at my house is missing, which would be impossible as the fence was up before I started this job.

phazelag

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have cleared my cache and uninstalled market updates. Still get the error service pak not valid. Any have any other clues? Anyone think that this should be easier and google should just fix it?
I am fairly techy but the average person isnt going to come to a forum to learn the back door methods. It would be cool to have google acknowedge this and give a fix or timeline. For every person on the google help answers forum who says theirs is fixed, there are 5 who still cant get it to work like me.

Z

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty