a question about the incredible nobody seems to know..

leron86

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so i got a hero and know how to solve this but on 2.1 im lost....so how do you turn off the notifications for the native messaging? i downloaded handcent for my gf and both messages and handcent is popping up. she only wants handcent to come in and notify, how does she turn off the notifications messages in the native sms, thanks much guys. i am sure its easy but we cant figure it out..

madkayaker

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you go to messaging, click menu -> settings, then scroll down to "received messages," you'll see a place to check/uncheck for "Received Notification" and "Play Notification Sound." Uncheck these two, and "Vibrate," and you should be good to go.

leron86

May 17, 2010
Visit site
on the hero it says settings then you uncheck, but for 2.1, its not there, what do i do? or what do i uncheck? i messed with it for awhile, couldnt figure it out..

leron86

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you go to messaging, click menu -> settings, then scroll down to "received messages," you'll see a place to check/uncheck for "Received Notification" and "Play Notification Sound." Uncheck these two, and "Vibrate," and you should be good to go.

ahhh ok thanks much man..