Alarm app screwed me over...

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So I open my eyes this morning, glance at my DInc - only to see that I'm late to work, angrily jump out of bed, at the same time checking if I might have turned the alarm off the night before (I did not, the alarm was on)...

Anyone had any problems with the stock alarm clock? :confused:

theeroopable

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I open my eyes this morning, glance at my DInc - only to see that I'm late to work, angrily jump out of bed, at the same time checking if I might have turned the alarm off the night before (I did not, the alarm was on)...

Anyone had any problems with the stock alarm clock? :confused:

That sucks. I had the happen to me on my old Blackberry.

Now I am extremely paranoid, on my Incredible I will set two (sometimes three) alarms, each 1 minute apart from each other. In the past I have turned the alarm off in my sleep and been late to work.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem till I figured out that the alarm has a separate volume setting. It's independent of the other volume settings on the phone.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yikes!
Same thing happened to me with my BB. It was my fault though. I set the alarm for PM instead of AM. For the longest time after, my brain would wake me up about 30 mins prior to my alarm, so I check the time, and make sure the alarm is set so I don't sleep in. Drove me nuts! LOL
What I did to ease my mind is I bought an actual alarm clock, set it for 7:03am (my phone is set for 7am), and put the alarm clock across the room so I have to get out of bed. Since then, I have been able to sleep till my phone alarm goes off. Nice recovery! (c:

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack your thread.
Has anyone else had this problem with their Inc?

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone is on Vibrate setting almost all the time, and the alarm is set to vibrate too, so I don't see how the phone's volume settings could have affected the alarm...

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
My alarm's failed me as well. Got wrote up for it on Tuesday, and didnt work yesterday either. So I went to Target and bought an alarm clock. Sucks though.

If anyone figures out a fix for it lmk.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem till I figured out that the alarm has a separate volume setting. It's independent of the other volume settings on the phone.

I don't use my Inc as an alarm clock, but have you guys checked this out? Seems like if you had the volume too low that'd be the problem.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I did some searching. I am guilty of using an ATK. The only time I use it is when I have been using MLB at bat 2010, as I listen to the radio, and close out to a home screen. So it is easier to use ATK than to wait for MLB to open back up.

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
Mine has failed me too and made me late for work.

I've noticed if I set the alarm really early in the morning that background behind the time (on the alarms screen) turns black. Anyone know what's up with that?

coach

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A friend that works for Verizon told me there is an acknowledged problem with the native alarm program and currently no fix for it. I have not had any problems personally but it definitely worries me.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Hah.. well, I have only really used the Inc. alarm twice (both times it worked). But, now, I turn my phone off and charge it at night. So, guess what I have to wake me up - the BlackBerry Tour! That's right. Tour went from my primary phone to an alarm clock.

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am also guilty of using a task killer :( However, I was being careful when selecting my autokill list.. How do I make sure the alarm clock is not "killed" by the autokill? Everything that had "htc" in its name, I put on the exclusions list.

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Does it work for anyone if their phone is turned off? The alarm doesn't ring for me if my phone is already turned off. Only works if it's already on.