Possible to disable auto image downloads in HTML email?

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I get a lot of spam which I try to delete without opening it, but sometimes it happens that I open one by accident. Is it possible to disable auto download of images in HTML mail? I don't see the option in the settings.

JustinD2473#IM

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
it is in the "max download size" setting or something like that...

you change it to one of the options at the very top, i think it is 10kb (text only)

that will disable images in email.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I get a lot of spam which I try to delete without opening it, but sometimes it happens that I open one by accident. Is it possible to disable auto download of images in HTML mail? I don't see the option in the settings.

are you using the mail or gmail app? i don't use mail, but on gmail, it always asks you if you want to "show images". which is kind of annoying. i wish it would show the images for the approved people like in gmail.

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
are you using the mail or gmail app? i don't use mail, but on gmail, it always asks you if you want to "show images". which is kind of annoying. i wish it would show the images for the approved people like in gmail.

I'm using the mail app. I'll take a look at the option mentioned above, and decrease the file size to the smallest setting.

Thank you

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
When you edit the account, go to Receive Settings and click the "Message format" and change it to Plain Text

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38