Rehabilitating on old DINC, need advice

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello! My son needs a new phone and I am considering just using my wife's old DINC which has sat dormant for a year or so. The phone is fine, but the "low on space" issue was incredibly annoying and occasionally it would not send or receive texts (possibly a carrier issue).

If I understand right, the "low on space" issue has something to do with a caching problem, but is there a permanent fix for it (rather than just having to clear cache all the time)?

Does rooting and putting a new ROM on solve this problem? If so, is there a "one step" root process? I rooted my old OG Droid and my Nexus, but I have not tried to root an HTC device before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Vance - No need to root if you don't want to - when you re-activate the phone for your Son, just do a factory reset and the problem will go away. You'll need to do a reset anyway to use a different gmail account on the phone.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually, that is exactly what I ended up doing. I read that the new update would come when there was a factory reset. And that is what ended up solving the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums