copy a phone number from email into people

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to create a contact (people) from an email message. Is there a way to copy the phone number to paste into the phone field of the contact?

Thanks.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Long-press places a box around it (selects it I guess) then short press copys it to the dialer line, no option to copy number within the dialer.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the phone number is in the body of the email?

I just tried this, long pressing the phone number in an email brought up a menu with the options: Dial, SMS, Add Contact and Copy. Seems this should do it for you.

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the phone number is in the body of the email?

I just tried this, long pressing the phone number in an email brought up a menu with the options: Dial, SMS, Add Contact and Copy. Seems this should do it for you.

Odd, the long press doesn't work for me. If I press the number quickly it goes to the phone dialer, If I long press the number it justs sits there with a green box around it.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I want to create a contact (people) from an email message. Is there a way to copy the phone number to paste into the phone field of the contact?

Thanks.
You using the GMail app? or the HTC EMail app?

That does appear to make a difference. In Gmail, I can't select/copy text like I can when in the browser, but I can tap/hold on a phone number and it gets "circled" in green, and I get a popup menu with Dial, SMS, Add Contact, or copy.

However, once I get to the People app, edit an existing contact, and try to paste the phone number from the "clip board", I have no option or menu choice to paste.

Last edited:

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

That does appear to make a difference. In Gmail, I can't select/copy text like I can when in the browser, but I can tap/hold on a phone number and it gets "circled" in green, and I get a popup menu with Dial, SMS, Add Contact, or copy.

However, once I get to the People app, edit an existing contact, and try to paste the phone number from the "clip board", I have no option or menu choice to paste.

Mark you got it! In Gmail I can long press and get a menu, but not in HTC mail. Good catch.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

while editing a contact's info, have you tried long press? when i do that, i get the paste option.