Help moving pix to sd card

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I finally put an sd card in my phone. I want to move all my photos from internal memory to the card. I've been trying to do this using Astro but I keep getting a "move failed" mssg. Tried a batch move and individual with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Try looking for the DCIM folder, multi-select, then move to a folder on your sd card. I took a picture to test this out, worked fine. ;)

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what I did in Astro originally without success. Is there another way to do that other than via Astro? I don't know of any other way of seeing and managing my folders and files.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Plug your phone into a computer with the cable and mount it as hard disks. Find that file in the internal memory cut & paste it to the sd card.

Kmirg

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey Qazme, I'm trying to do something similar to what the OP is doing but when I connect my Inc to the computer I'm not able to manage the content of the SD card. I don't have an option in the notifications panel to "mount". It doesn't appear that my laptop is recognizing the Inc.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to tell ya besides reinstall the drivers for your phone. When you plug your phone in it will have a "charge only" notification on the top bar. Just drag it down click on it and change it to disk drive. As far as moving things inside the phone if you can't get it done with Astro you may not be able to do it at all. Have you tried making a duplicate folder on the SD then only moving one file to see if it works?

Kmirg

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to tell ya besides reinstall the drivers for your phone. When you plug your phone in it will have a "charge only" notification on the top bar. Just drag it down click on it and change it to disk drive. As far as moving things inside the phone if you can't get it done with Astro you may not be able to do it at all. Have you tried making a duplicate folder on the SD then only moving one file to see if it works?

Yeah, IDK what the problem is. I'm charging now but when I pull down my notifications on the top bar it just says "no notifications". It doesn't look like I'm able to access any of that.

Kmirg

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I think I found where to change the setting. I found it in settings>connect to pc>default connection type.

Thanks again, sorry for the dumb questions.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No such thing as dumb questions. Everyone has to figure it out from somewhere. Yeah I forgot all about the whole default connection type thing....whoops glad you got it fixed!

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I guess you can't move things around in the phone. Why then is it an option in Astro? I'm surprised that with all smartphone technology out there that I would have to hook up my phone to my computer just to move a picture from internal memory to the sd. Kind of disappointing if it's true.

stevenpw

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly new and you may have tried this but look in each file when you open Astro, especially if you have a download file or something like that. Good luck.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what I did in Astro originally without success. Is there another way to do that other than via Astro? I don't know of any other way of seeing and managing my folders and files.

It does work using Astro. The key is to copy or cut under the edit menu not Move. Then paste it into whatever file you create on the card. I couldn't get this to work either until I saw BigPete's post and thought about using copy or cut. Tried it and was able to move 20+ pictures from Phone storage to SD in about 15 seconds. My DMIC file was in the emmc folder on the phone.