Scene Problem

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I searched and I really couldn't find an answer on this issue.

This morning, I woke up and pulled my phone from the charger to do the rain dance charging technique or whatever you want to call it. Pulled the phone from the charger, unlocked, powered off, and then plugged it back in. Still wasn't fully charged by the time I left so I pulled it off the charger, hit the power button and put the phone in my pocket.

I got to work and went to check something, and when I unlocked my phone, basically everything on my home screen was gone, and somehow oddly...friendstream had sort of merged into the htc twitter app, almost all of my icons were gone, htc clock weather widget gone. I don't have a facebook account, and I never post from twitter, just have an account to read and get updates with.

I tried rebooting the phone. Same thing. I tried changing scenes and all the pre loaded scenes look all screwed up almost exactly like this one. I changed my scene back to what it was (of what I could remember anyways) and saved it again. Rebooted the phone and it stayed.

All of the other preloaded scenes are still jacked up. I kinda like having them there to switch to if I want, but I have no idea on how to get them back.

Aside from a factory reset, which I suppose I could do, is there anyway to get them back? Does anyone have any idea why this even happened in the first place?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it didn't like today's rain dance?

Seriously, maybe you accidentally touched something so that it was active in your pocket for awhile.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it didn't like today's rain dance?

Seriously, maybe you accidentally touched something so that it was active in your pocket for awhile.

Obviously not, lol.

Well, as far as I know, if you have a pattern lock set, which I do, the phone boots up locked. But for the sake of argument, lets say I unlocked it and put in my pocket while active.

Is there a way to edit the pre-loaded scenes so they are all messed up? I can understand my "saved" theme. But the regular verizon theme? Htc theme? All the rest of the themes? Can they be edited by movement in ones pocket and resaved under thier own individual names? I was under the impression these are hard coded in somehow..

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I ended up doing a factory reset, but I did get them back. No idea what I did to cause it, but its fixed now. I was worried about backup assistant failing, but it worked fine. I know I should probably upload them all to the "cloud" but google has enough information about me, I think. lol