Got my Dinc, returning my X

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am exchanging my DX because I just received my new Dinc. The DX was just a bit too big for me.

Question is: the 16gb mini SD card that came with the DX -- is it mine to keep? It is not included in the invoice. :p

I wonder if I would get dinged for it? What do you guys think?

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I would say you're the only one who can truly and honestly answer that question. ;)

If you can do it and still sleep soundly at night, then by all means keep it. If your moral compass tells you otherwise, then return it with the phone.

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's nice to hear that you are going with the Dinc. I toiled over the decision between the two and went with the Dinc. It just feels so much smaller.

stormaddict13

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I also just got my dinc today after returning my x and I couldn't be happier. The size is great and HTC sense it outstanding. So much better than motos software. Now all I have to do is root it and start flashing some custom roms. :p

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still a little bit up in the air. I wish I could have both phones. I think that would just solve the whole issue right there.

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Haha. I feel ya. Are there any real differences besides the size?

Little bits and pieces of nit-picky things. Otherwise, it's almost the same phone, but smaller and fits in the pocket better (Dinc). Like in the user-interface for example (besides the obvious HTC vs. Motorola comaprison). The stock calendar application on the DX displays the title of the events. The incredible just shows you colored blocks. Battery life is definitely shorter with the Dinc.

The Dinc is noticeably lighter. I'm sure that has to do a lot with the DX being encased in steel, if I'm not mistaken. Also, no dedicated camera button on the Dinc. The DX camera functionality was just like a normal point and shoot. You soft press to focus, then press the button all the way to take the picture.

Also, it feels just like a cell phone. Not a pocket tablet PC. I felt like I had to baby the DX because of its size. The 4.3 inches on the DX is awesome if you don't mind the bulk; though it certainly is thin. All in all, the Dinc seems a lot more responsive and again more like a phone. After 2 whole days with the Dinc, I don't think I mind JUST having the incredible. :)

Scuzzelbutt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Haha. I feel ya. Are there any real differences besides the size?

You expect a real answer here? Go see the reviews, especially the technical ones like Anandtech's.

The X has a 45nm CPU/GPU, so the GPU is clocked at 200Mhz making it much faster (50% faster the Dinc). The die shrink also makes for good battery life, the last review I saw had the X at 50% better talk time. HDMI out, 8MP camera, 720P video. It also comes with a 16GB SD card, so 8GB more. X also comes preloaded with Swype, which is great. So the dinc has smaller size (good for carrying, bad for browsing, typing, watching video) and Sense UI. The default UI on the X is simple, but who doesn't use LauncherPro and 3rd party widgets?

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
You expect a real answer here? Go see the reviews, especially the technical ones like Anandtech's.

Technical reviews are a dime a dozen. Sometimes people just want real world, real user experience before making their decisions -- "real" being the subjective term. That is the angle I was approaching and I was certainly happy to provide that angle to you, UnicyclistRobe. I hope I was somewhat helpful.

But thanks for providing the technical side, Scuzzelbutt. I definitely miss Swype. Hopefully the folks at Swype will keep their word and come out with it on the 50 devices or so that they promised. I would be surprised if they didn't provide the Dinc with Swype. +1 on the LauncherPro. In fact, I am experimenting with LauncherPro on my Dinc as we speak.

* Peace, love, and bacon grease. *

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty