Can't wait for #5 to arrive...check out this small clip

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So all of you know my problems....well Verizon FINALLY said it could be the battery since the same issue is happening on each device. I thought it was caused by facebook updating but it seems as if the phone is overheating.

If I have the device on, no problems.
If I use the device consistently for ten to fifteen minutes (not just listening to music or watching a movie) it reboots.

I take the battery out for a few minutes and all is good.

Here is a quick clip of my issue :)

So I am getting a replacement battery and a replacement phone.

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Dude, they should have just given you a new battery after the 3rd one. I guess they think you have that much bad luck, let me know if you are ever on a flight so i can make plans to not be on it

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, local corporate store should have just traded batteries with you to test. You'd know immediately whether it was the battery or the phone.

Anyway, Good Luck!

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess we'll never know what issues a bad battery can cause if you don't try the new battery in the DInc you current have? Anyway, here's to hoping the next is all good!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
With your luck, they'll probably send you an Inc phone and an X battery.

Well it's two separate orders because it's two types of warranties.....

I want to test the new battery in the old device, but they said definitely don't try the old battery in the new one....so new device today, new battery tomorrow.

anyone want me to beta test anything on the old one :)

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, weird. A co worker of mine is having problems with a new blackberry he just got and Verizon keeps giving him new batteries and new wall chargers each time he goes in to complain, that have yet to replace his phone. You're having the opposite, they keep replacing your phone and not the battery.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey Tony... Your troubles and tribulations made the Front Page!

Finally A little Respect! ;)

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

You must be in the Front Row!

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey Mr. Donuts,

I've heard that Verizon will give you a different phone if you have persistent problems with a specific phone. Just out of curiosity, have you considered getting a different phone (such as the X)? If no, what are your reasons?

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey Mr. Donuts,

I've heard that Verizon will give you a different phone if you have persistent problems with a specific phone. Just out of curiosity, have you considered getting a different phone (such as the X)? If no, what are your reasons?

What are your reasons for him needing to switch phones?

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think he "needs" to switch phones unless he wants to. Just asking a question to see why he is willing to stick it out with the Dinc rather than getting a different phone. I thought his perspective might be helpful to others who have gone through multiple replacements and are tempted to switch to a different phone. The phone came out at the end of April and he is on his 5th one, which is basically one per month.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Good grief, this is starting to sound like Groundhog's Day! I hope this is the one that finally works. Nobody deserves that kind of hell! Good luck, my friend.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
lol. Tony....I hope it was your battery causing all this, and would explain why you are the only one in the world I know of that has had to swap out this many phones and still have the same issue. I'm wondering why on the 3rd replacement too they didn't go ahead and send you a new battery as well. Freakin' replacements....anywho good luck!

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So all of you know my problems....well Verizon FINALLY said it could be the battery since the same issue is happening on each device. I thought it was caused by facebook updating but it seems as if the phone is overheating.

If I have the device on, no problems.
If I use the device consistently for ten to fifteen minutes (not just listening to music or watching a movie) it reboots.

I take the battery out for a few minutes and all is good.

Here is a quick clip of my issue :)

So I am getting a replacement battery and a replacement phone.

Did you have an idea it may have been the battery and the good folks at vzw just didn't listen or decided you were more than likely wrong ;p

I've had my own run-ins with cs telling me I'm wrong or patronizing me: "crackling and buzzing in the earpiece when you have the volume turned up, that's crazy".

I'm glad they were able to get to the root of your problems. Good luck.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon doesn't do the multi-fru exchange anymore, so a different model is out of the question until I speak to a tier 2 rep.
However, I love the size and form factor and yes, Sense UI so I don't want the X.

I suggested to them it was the battery and they said that it covered under a different warranty.

Original phone......
After a few weeks power button would reboot the phone and not turn it off unless plugged into a wall

#1 replacement
freezing and occasional reboot
#2 replacement
rebooting and bad speaker as well as it saying HTC charger is not a correct charger LOL
#3 replacement
rebooting.

#4 sitting here waiting for the battery to arrive.

I am not a power/ voltage expert by any means, but I have had zero battery drain issues about it not lasting, etc. so maybe my standard battery that I get 11 hrs on sometimes more is bad and causing these issues?

I want to use the new battery in my current device without setting up the new phone, but am concerned that the old battery could have damaged my current device.

I hope I am making sense.

BTW I reported the CS rep who said I am not doing anything to your account unless you have a store look at it first and also the person who refused to connect me to tech support.

Added:

I know the phone will get hot, but with the cover off the back my wife and I could smell hot plastic when we held the phone up to talk. Anybody else have this?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you have an idea it may have been the battery and the good folks at vzw just didn't listen or decided you were more than likely wrong ;p

I've had my own run-ins with cs telling me I'm wrong or patronizing me: "crackling and buzzing in the earpiece when you have the volume turned up, that's crazy".

I'm glad they were able to get to the root of your problems. Good luck.

Yep I got the exact thing. "Well obviously it's something you are doing."
But then I got a tech who has the same issue with her X. I said if you tell me to hit *228 option 2 just like everyone else I am going to jump out of my window.

She said don't do that...I said why it's only a two foot drop...So she connected me to someone who said "I see by the acct notes it's the same issue, and nobody has suggested a battery. I said I did, but was told it was the froyo, etc. He said that's just wrong (about the batttery)" and here I wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays