Settings in SMS keyboard? (FroYo)

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

In Android 2.1, you could long-press the voice key while typing and switch the keyboard language to Spanish. This is very useful for me because I send lots of messages in Spanish often. However, in 2.2, that shortcut seems to be gone. Long-pressing the voice button does nothing but launch voice. To change to Spanish, it requires a long series of menus.

Any suggestions for how to quickly switch back and forth like you could in 2.1?

Thanks!

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't have a solution for the default that comes with the unit, but using the HTC_IME Mod keyboard, long press of the voice button brings up the configuration screen. Language is one click from there for .

You can even create a color theme real easy for them using http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/main.php

Last edited:

rjt3690

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
just in case...

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, i just found out that if you long press the "?123" key a menu will pop up for android keyboard settings. you then click input languages and select both english and espanol. now anytime you are using the keyboard you can swipe the space key to quickly switch between the two languages :)

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, i just found out that if you long press the "?123" key a menu will pop up for android keyboard settings. you then click input languages and select both english and espanol. now anytime you are using the keyboard you can swipe the space key to quickly switch between the two languages :)

Are you referring to using Swype? I don't think you're referring to the default Android keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty