1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Default Settings in SMS keyboard? (FroYo)

Hey folks,

In Android 2.1, you could long-press the voice key while typing and switch the keyboard language to Spanish. This is very useful for me because I send lots of messages in Spanish often. However, in 2.2, that shortcut seems to be gone. Long-pressing the voice button does nothing but launch voice. To change to Spanish, it requires a long series of menus.

Any suggestions for how to quickly switch back and forth like you could in 2.1?

Thanks!
    -Strygun
    Former phone: HTC Droid Incredible
    Current phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M

Don't have a solution for the default that comes with the unit, but using the HTC_IME Mod keyboard, long press of the voice button brings up the configuration screen. Language is one click from there for .

You can even create a color theme real easy for them using
    Last edited by krelvinaz; 09-11-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    Active Phone: T-MOBILE - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted/Stock
    Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.2.1 - TWRP Recovery
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM

i noticed this with mine also!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Thumbs up just in case...

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, i just found out that if you long press the "?123" key a menu will pop up for android keyboard settings. you then click input languages and select both english and espanol. now anytime you are using the keyboard you can swipe the space key to quickly switch between the two languages
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rtodd3 View Post
    Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, i just found out that if you long press the "?123" key a menu will pop up for android keyboard settings. you then click input languages and select both english and espanol. now anytime you are using the keyboard you can swipe the space key to quickly switch between the two languages
    Are you referring to using Swype? I don't think you're referring to the default Android keyboard.
    -Strygun
    Former phone: HTC Droid Incredible
    Current phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M