Is the Incredible still worth getting?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I could be happy with the DInc. - the only thing it lacks is the kb and by all accounts that becomes less of an issue once you get used to the the on-screen options (and there's like 3 or 4 good ones to choose from)

My only concern right now is that - although I've read extensively on the issue and either has it's +s and -s - I would prefer the OLED screen. I'd rather have the rich colors and dark blacks and it seems that (contrary to logic) the OLED screens are better on battery life vs. SLCD. I understand the SLCD does more accurate color reproduction and is sharper. Either would be good, but the OLEDs I've seen are just preferable to me.

I am going to look into it - but what are the chances that I could find an OLED DInc. at this point?

Last edited:

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the facination with a keyboard. you have speech to text on this phone so why would you be typing text, just speak! this phone has awesome features so why not use them?

dhundley79

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive had the original droid, the droid x, and the fascinate. I now have the d incred.. and love the phone. love the size. screen. joystick is there but who cares works when i click to snap a picture. I used launcher pro because i like the extra dock at the bottom, and it gives you some of the same sense ui widgets. I agree with everyone who says you will use the text to speech. I use it all the time and its usually right on the money. I love the droid x for the size when i use it for navigation in my car or letting my 4 yr old watch a movie. but it felt like i was holding an ipad to my head. the fascinate is not much smaller in size. oh and the droid x has tons of issues on 2.2.. music player problems, reboots on its own, email doesnt always sync.

anon(77554)

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I came from a blackberry and thought I would have an issue with a touch screen kb, but in less then a month I was typing emails almost as fast as I was on my Tour. And as other have said voice to text is amazing. I can write a test message with one touch of a button. Also there are so many custom keyboards out there you'll find one you like.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I have to give the nod to DINC over fascinate. Although Samsung did a great job with the phone the best they could offer was a great screen. Consider the fact the INC came out in Feb/Mar and is still highly competitive and arguably the best device thus far in the VZW lineup, speaks volumes on how great the phone is. It was well before the nine month mark before the Original Droid became yesterday's news. Going with the INC today is still a good move. I know the next issue of phones are on the horizon but if you like the INC it will remain an admirable device at least for another 12 months...

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Of course it is.

It still matches (and surpasses some) the phones being released today.

Go ask some who've switched from a DROID X to a DInc which they prefer. They'll tell you which; the fact remains that the DInc is one of the most stable, slickest Android phones to date.

It seems like manufacturers these days get caught up in making the specs amazing, making the screen amazing, and adding a skin that does nothing that they forget the most important thing: the phone has to be stable for use everyday. The DInc does just that.

I love mine, if you can't tell. And I typed this on it. So for those saying the keyboard sucks: give me a break.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to give the nod to DINC over fascinate. Although Samsung did a great job with the phone the best they could offer was a great screen. Consider the fact the INC came out in Feb/Mar and is still highly competitive and arguably the best device thus far in the VZW lineup, speaks volumes on how great the phone is. It was well before the nine month mark before the Original Droid became yesterday's news. Going with the INC today is still a good move. I know the next issue of phones are on the horizon but if you like the INC it will remain an admirable device at least for another 12 months...

Indeed it will. Well said.

The only thing that newer phones have on the DInc is processor-related, and yet the Galaxy S phones and DROID X are still sluggish, simply because they have been crippled with bloatware by Sammy and Motorola.

grapeplasma

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd still have to say that a real kb on this thing would make it rock'n. Don't get me wrong, the virtual keyboard on the inc. is awesome, its just that your options with the physical kb are much more vast, Like playing quake 3, and having actual buttons to play games with. Also, HTC should put a real camera button on the next model of this beast, its hard to get a good picture with the current optical sensor button.

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely- I think the Droid Incredible is still the best phone Verizon offers, despite when it came out. The software keyboard may take a little bit of getting used to, but once there, typing is an effortless experience. The phone is lightning fast, jammed packed with great features, and I wouldn't trade mine for any other phone.

Just my .02, feel free to ask me anything.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the Droid x and it was my first Android device. I returned two of them for issues with synching my contacts. Then when that finally got straightened out the phone shut off randomly. Back to best buy I went to get the inc. Best decision ever. I love the phone and sense. I haven't even gotten into rooting yet. My only complaint would be about the seidio case that scratched the side up. But a zagg will hinder any further damage to that.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Of course it is.

Go ask some who've switched from a DROID X to a DInc which they prefer. They'll tell you which; the fact remains that the DInc is one of the most stable, slickest Android phones to date.

I agree :D and currently still have the dx and dinc, before froyo the phones where pretty close , even when the dx had some features the dinc didnt have on 2.1os.

Since 2.2 tho while the dinc may not be perfect for I mean what phone totally is ? lol ( I have no issues with my dinc ) The dinc is the way to go as of this point in time.

The dx is bug filled(confirmed bugs at that ) , mostly software issues but bugs none the less and motorola should have never released that to begin with they just did because they ran out of time (end of summer) imo ;)

heyitssteve429

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
The Inc is the best phone STILL. For non physical keyoard phones. No other phone can compare. Size is perfect. Any bigger it'll look like your playing with a black brick. There still making phones with only 5mp camera's. Our's is 8mp. So again this phone is the best

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is Verizon's own internal comparison of the Droid Incredible to the Samsung Continuum, Samsung Fascinate, Droid 2, and Droid X:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4214&stc=1&d=1288896486

Verizon has a ton of new phones coming out now. Here are links to Android Central Articles on some:
  1. HTC Droid Incredible HD
  2. Samsung Continuum
  3. Samsung Fascinate
Here is a custom comparison of the Droid Incredible HD to the Droid 2 Global, Droid X, and Droid Incredible from pdadb.net.

Go check them out over the next few weeks but wait until the Black Friday deals to buy. Verizon always has at least a couple at amazing prices that weekend.

But whatever you get, get what feels right to you. If you don't like it, return it within 30 days and get something else. Remember that you are not buying a phone for a couple hundred bucks. You are signing a $2,000, 2-year contract.

Get what you want.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible is an awesome device. It's only downside is the battery life. You could either get an extended battery or know that you'll have to charge it at some point during the day.

xxJACKRYANxx

Nov 5, 2010
www.fatsquad.com
Tomorrow will be a week since I got my INC. I love it so much. My wife and I came from Blackberry Storms and the difference is immeasurable. We got these through our New Every Two at VZW and the price ended up being $0. We paid $100 each and they both came with $100 rebates.

But honestly, even if I had paid $200 each I'd still be incredibly happy.

Don't hesitate. Find the best deal and scoop up an INC.

Reactions: griff7774

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I worked for a verizon agent for over 2 years, during that time i was able to buy,carry, and use every phone that came out. Sadly i quit the job right after the first droid came out. I had been devoted to blackberry for the whole time i was at the vzw agent and knew BB inside and outside. Since then i have purchased an incredible, and less than a week later im running a differnt rom and have the droid x's keyboard ported onto it. I would not trade the phone for any of the other droids that i have checked out. And i still visit the store frequently when new devices come out. Between the size and speed and reliability , i feel that ive made an excellent buy! @ least until i see some of the new ones that come out through christmas LOL

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It is one of several top end androids on verizon. I suspect it will hold value well into next year. Because the EOL date is coming in march, I would suspect finding a good deal will increase too. Wasn't verizon bogo on the dinc? Any way, it makes plenty of people happy! Enjoy the worth while droid incredible:)

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i didnt even bother reading through all the pages, but my answer is yes!! i am still amazed everyday with it :)

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
i have had mine for about 6 months and there is nothing that this phone wont do!!! the only thing worth waiting for is either then nexus two( but only if it is by HTC) or a nice dual core phone. other then then this phone is the most user friendly phone on verizon right now( besides who wants that droid x monstrosity??) i would need a backback just to carry it around!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non