Dinc, turns off by itself

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I started noticing awhile ago, occassionaly when I have my Dinc in my pocket it will be turned off when I check it. I assumed I was somehow pushing the button inadvertently somehow. Then I figured out I could tap the bottom of the phone on the palm of my hand and it will shut down. I can reproduce this every time.

I took it to Verizon, and they agreed something was wrong. so they set me up to have a replacement sent to me.

I received the replacement and it is worse!! I can shake it, and it will shut off. Also I can't get it to access the web at all. So I am heading back to Verizon today.

Have any of you had this issue? I do have a siedio 1750 battery in it. I lost the original so I can't swap it out to check it. But the contacts are on the bottom so tapping the bottom of the phone would press the contacts together, I would think. And with the cover off the battery seems pretty snug in there.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully your next phone will not be having an issue. Yep I would do the samething and take that one back to vzw too.

I havent had the issue myself tho but if I did , anytime you can reproduce an issue its reason to me for a replacement, or in your case at least a battery swap to test to see if the battery was the cause,.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress