Backing up entire phone prior to a replacement

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I honestly did do a search for this, because I am sure someone has to have asked this before. I probably didn't word it right, so forgive me if this has been asked to death, and maybe point me to the proper thread.

Anyway, is there a way to back up my entire phone, text messages, wallpaper, settings, apps, home page arrangements, etc, basically so when I get my replacement phone I can just go somewhere or do something and "TAH DAH" !!!! new phone is a clone of old phone.

I have Appbrain, which I understand will reload my apps, but what about all the other stuff?

Please dont just say , back it up on your computer, I need more guidance than that. I plugged it into my computer and have no idea what I was supposed to do from there.

BTW my phone is not rooted, and the old one works well enough that I can use it to get all the info for the backup ( it randomly shuts off ) So it is not too late for me to get all that stuff out of the phone.

Thank you very much

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Without root there are no options to backup and restore your settings and application data. If you were rooted all can be backed up using titanium backup.

If your using a ADW or LP they have settings to back up your screens but if you using Sense that is not an option.

Wallpapers/pictures can be backed up on your sdcard or computer if you have them stored on the phone. Just plug your phone into your computer and select disk drive you pictures and wallpapers should be located in emmc/DCIM and then in a media file.

Some apps have an option to backup you data on the sdcard like chbk genius but most don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress