About maintenance update...

Jimmyalex

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So i been patiently waiting for this update but i never get the notification and i decided to do it manually but for some reason i couldnt do it.. i believe it has to do with my phone being rooted... so if im rooted im i still going to receive the update notification??

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So i been patiently waiting for this update but i never get the notification and i decided to do it manually but for some reason i couldnt do it.. i believe it has to do with my phone being rooted... so if im rooted im i still going to receive the update notification??

Correct. To correctly apply the update, you have to restore all bloatware back to its original status, ie. all the original system apps and software must be present and functioning. To go back to root status, all you need to do is re-flash Clockwork and SU through HBOOT.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Trust me the OTA is CRAP.....let me reiterate ...CRAP !!

Avoid the update , its loaded with serious bugs.

I can no longer send videos of any size attached to email !!!

oceanridin

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted as well; and I got the message to download Monday- it's driving me crazy having to keep telling it later- wish I could delete it

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted as well; and I got the message to download Monday- it's driving me crazy having to keep telling it later- wish I could delete it

If you have deleted the bloatware then just accept the update. It will time out, as it can't find a complete stock Rom, and then it won't bother you to update again.

Knightslugger

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

you can. you're not reading enough of the threads already on this issue. there is a very simple easy way to both block the update from installing and rid yourself of the message.

check the hacking forum.

5point2

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
you can. you're not reading enough of the threads already on this issue. there is a very simple easy way to both block the update from installing and rid yourself of the message.

check the hacking forum.

In correct sir. That thread has been removed as a sticky, as that process no longer works. Renaming those two files does not stop the update prompt, and could actually lead to a host of problems, which includes the force closes of the whole Google framework on your phone.

Knightslugger

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Wrong one. I'm talking about modifying the 'ro.build' line. that still works just fine.

renaming the files, correct, does no longer work.

here. let me go out of my way and find it for you.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I had no problem sending a 2sec 2meg video via exchange email.

wow, ok...2 seconds is REAL useful !!
They must have cut it down to some ******edly small file size then.

I used to be able to send up to 25Mb in video and now a short 10 second video won't even send !!!

Ggggrrrrrrrrr !! Piss on Verizon and their manipulation !!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
wow, ok...2 seconds is REAL useful !!
They must have cut it down to some ******edly small file size then.

I used to be able to send up to 25Mb in video and now a short 10 second video won't even send !!!

Ggggrrrrrrrrr !! Piss on Verizon and their manipulation !!

Then flash the old version back and quit whining!

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Then flash the old version back and quit whining!

There's no whining about it , I'm pissed !!

Ok, so tell me how to do that without rooting and destroying my phone !!

I already asked Verizon and HTC how to uninstall the update and they said it wasn't possible!!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
There's no whining about it , I'm pissed !!

Ok, so tell me how to do that without rooting and destroying my phone !!

I already asked Verizon and HTC how to uninstall the update and they said it wasn't possible!!

1. Rooting does not destroy your phone. It's the easiest thing in the world to do, and the best thing that you could ever do for your phone- non-rooted users have no idea what they're missing out on. If you want to go back, go to shipped-roms.com and find the original 2.2 RUU for the Incredible.

"But they said it wasn't possible!"

Wah wah wah.

ANYTHING is possible, remember that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty