The Only Thing I Miss From My BB

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There is only one thing i miss from my BB to date. I miss the auto on/off ability. I had mine set to just shut off every night around 1am and turn back on around 5:30 am so my wonderful alarm could go off at 5:45 after it pulled all my emails for the next day.it really helped my batt. life and also i didnt get any calls to wake me up in the wee hours of the morning. Anyone know of any apps or something that i could use to make this happen with my DInc? Its not a must but if i can do some tinkering to have my cake and eat it to I will!!!
thanks for the suggestions

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing with my BB as well. The app that I have found to be useful is Silent Time. It doesn't turn the phone off but you can program it to turn the sound off and on when you want. As long as you have it plugged in you're going to be fine with the battery.

Reactions: droidfrk

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I am also former BB user (and I'm NEVER going back) and had to make the adjustment. You can kill two birds with one stone, it'll cost ya $1.99 but it'll be well worth it. Trust me. Look for an app called Profile by Noimjosh. You'll be able to make sure you don't get any calls while or other notifications if you don't want to via the Time Based Rules and you can also set up different phone profiles to make your phone fit your needs. A good example is that I have Car profile setup that changes my phone to a very loud ringer, turns on the Bluetooth, turns of the WiFi and keeps my screen on indefinitely (I always plug it into the car charger while driving).

Reactions: droidfrk

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for those tips guys! guess will have to wait for the auto on/off to be built into the os! but i will check out the suggestions for the silient modes, I can do all of this manually as well just thought if i could get that back it would be nice.... LOL 1 thing missed out of entire bb isnt to bad..LOL

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a Storm 1. That was nice, but it's not needed with Android (at least not for me). I just put my phone in Airplane Mode at night and make sure the alarm is set. The phone goes to sleep and practically no battery is used. When the alarm goes off, I click the Airplane Mode widget and all is good.

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a Storm 1. That was nice, but it's not needed with Android (at least not for me). I just put my phone in Airplane Mode at night and make sure the alarm is set. The phone goes to sleep and practically no battery is used. When the alarm goes off, I click the Airplane Mode widget and all is good.

Sweet....why in the .... didnt i think of that?? perfect idea Thanks for the help

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Timerrific (free, in the Market) works great for managing profiles; several different settings to customize for your different situations.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Timerrific (free, in the Market) works great for managing profiles; several different settings to customize for your different situations.

I use Timerrific, too. Granted my schedule is very simply but I love knowing that I won't be awakened in the middle of the night by a wrong number phone call or my degenerate friends texting me.

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Juice Defender has a "night" mode, in addition to lots of other tricks to squeeze BB-like battery life out of Androids.

Several of RIM's best tricks are patented, though, and will never make it to another phone.

--Qfg

(No I don't work for Juice Defender)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since I haven't tried one I will try the timerrific one ha,

Ok cant set to exclude any numbers (would be a bonus) but I will still give it a test

Sent Using TaPaTaLk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall