Gizmodo loves the Incredible

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I usually stay away from Gizmodo as I have found them incredibly bias in some areas, but it's great to see some Android love this time around, and for the Incredible.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yah, Giz can be pretty bad sometimes. Just look at their Galaxy Tab review and some of the insane issues they had with it. I prefer Engadget ;)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The Tab review was one of the most ridiculous one-sided reviews I think I have ever read in my life. It basically boiled down to: this device sucks because it’s not like the iPad.

Engaget is good, but I only go there for my non-Android needs ;)

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No offense guys, but I really do think the galaxy tab sucks compared to the ipad. I'll take my Dinc over the iphone anyday, and even though the ipad is mostly an oversized iphone, galaxy tab is LESS than an oversized droid. No apps are tailored made for it, and even google recommended AGAINST using Froyo for tablets. Personally, I think it is a big risk for Samsung to do this against Google's recommendations, because if it turns out to flop, it could ruin the Android tablet future before it even begins. Just my HO.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I played with a Galaxy tab at Verizon the other day. For me, there is NO WAY I'd spend $600 on it plus the data. That price point is so far out there that I can't even start to build a case for it, especially with an Incredible in my pocket. Now the Nook Color on the other hand is on my Christmas list at $250 after they've gotten root on it. A very fine deal indeed if you ask me.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, the whole tablet thing will probably get better. The reason the ipad is better now is because the hardware timetable is controlled by the software manufacturer. This means that they can ensure IOS runs well on tablets and that their app store has apps specifically for tablets. It's not the same with Android, which is open source and can be used on any device, but I expect that people will begin making tablet-exclusive apps, and that eventually Android will provide a better experience on Tablets than IOS.

It took awhile for Android to overtake IOS for smartphones, but I'd say it finally succeeded. I expect the same will happen with tabs.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, the whole tablet thing will probably get better. The reason the ipad is better now is because the hardware timetable is controlled by the software manufacturer. This means that they can ensure IOS runs well on tablets and that their app store has apps specifically for tablets. It's not the same with Android, which is open source and can be used on any device, but I expect that people will begin making tablet-exclusive apps, and that eventually Android will provide a better experience on Tablets than IOS.

It took awhile for Android to overtake IOS for smartphones, but I'd say it finally succeeded. I expect the same will happen with tabs.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I am a Dinc owner and LOVE the phone. I will NEVER get an iphone after owning this (many of my family members use the iphone 4). I originally wanted one as soon as Verizon got it (still waiting) so I got a droid instead. I think it's great and I will never go back.

Now, having said all that, I don't believe the ipad will ever be outpaced by any android tablet(s). First off, while the ipad right now is locked on ATT, it is not a necessity to have cell service with an ipad. Many people are satisfied with a wifi only version. Second is, the next ipad is expected to come out with a 2nd generation after the holidays. Rumors right now are that there will be both gsm AND cdma version. I find that more believable since VZW is already selling ipads bundled with a mifi. One of the biggest reasons Android has grown so fast is because of the Droid(s). Those of us the refused to jump ship to ATT for an iphone, ended up with a superior phone on a superior network. Without the need for a carrier, tablets will have to convince buyers that they are superior to an ipad. Ipads and iphones cornered the market, but the drawback for the iphone was carrier exclusivity. Something that isn't a factor for tablets, or won't be in the near future.