Need Suggestions for the best apps!

Michael2980

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone I'm coming from blackberry so I'm a little desensitized to whats out there as far as great apps from the useful to not so useful there's so much out there for Android I was wondering if you all would help list off some of your favorites and a brief description of what they do if not already obvious thanks a lot everyone ahead of time!~:cool:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
First, welcome!

Next the apps...

Handcent SMS
Beautiful Widgets
Astro
Google Voice
Where

Oh and if you plan to root be sure to check out the ROM and Mods HQ in the Hacks forum.

Reactions: Michael2980

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you check out the Applications Forum...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/

This is where I got most of my info for apps when I moved to Android...

Also, Appbrain has several sections that list top apps in different categories...

AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games

I agree with getting Handcent immediately... I enjoy it much better than the stock app... Angry Birds, of course... Skyfire 3.0 Browser, LightningBug, Vignette, and Chrome to Phone (If you use a Chrome browser on your home computer)... The list goes on, but the best way to do it is to download, play around, keep what you like, get rid of what you don't...

Welcome to AC, BTW!

Doragg

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the world of Android. Now forget everything you thought you knew about cell phones because Android is a whole other beast! Every app you had on your blackberry will most likely be on Android. I'm relatively new to android as well so I'm still a newbie; however, I can list a few apps I really enjoy so far.

Launcher pro plus... if you get the paid for app ($2.99) then you can customize your UI with things that make me wonder why android hasn't made it default.

Fancy widget... much nicer looking clock/weather app than HTC imo. I use the free version because it let's me do everything I wanted to, not sure what's unlocked in the paid for version though.

Tapatalk... great app for forums. It's what I'm using to post this message. I'm hoping that eventually all my fav forums will use it.

Gameboid/snesoid/psx4droid... let's you play any gameboy, snes, and playstation 1 game on your phone. You can download all sorts of roms for just about every game released for them.

I'll think of more. If you have any questions or want to know more about any of those apps you can pm me and I will be glad to explain further.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Some of my favorites:
Launcher Pro and LPI(launcherpro icons)
Smartkeyboard Pro
Handcent SMS
K-9 mail
Astro.. file manager
PdaNet