DINC with Gingerbread loading mobile versions of web pages.

wgt99

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to stop the Gingerbread browser from opening web pages in mobile versions. I'm sure it's something simple but not simple enough for me to figure it out.

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Jude526

wgt99

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the OMGB v6 ROM and it is pretty stable. Just don't try to restore all of your apps from a 2.2 ROM. Restore a few of them at a time to see if there is a conflict.

Shadowlore

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not meaning to resurrect a dead thread, but this actually seems to be an issue with Gingerbread directly. Having spent the last 3 days testing various flavors of GB on multiple devices, it seems no matter what you do (Set User Agent String, disable mobile views) various web browsers still redirect you towards their mobile only sites. (kfc.com as someone pointed out on another forum is a good example, as is nytimes.com) Dolphin, Miren, Opera, and default browsers all have this problem. While the UA Strings are being passed to websites correctly, the devices themselves seem to be reporting something else that forces the redirect.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am glad for the information but prefer to wait for official if it happens.
Coming from BB and all their issues I don't want any with my wonderful Incredible !