Upgrading from Incredible to Thunderbolt (or Incredible 2)?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just read something about the incredible hd or incredible 2 coming out sometime in q1...

so i have an incredible, that i got off contract, and my upgrade came up in september. i've been waiting to see what comes out because the incredible is mostly awesome.

the tbolt looks pretty good, and i'm waiting to see what 4g plans go for, and possibly to see post launch how the battery life is.

there's also the incredible 2 leaked pictures, and rumored specs floating around, but i'm not sure that would be worth an upgrade.

any thoughts?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about an Incredible HD coming out, that has bee rumored and then talks of the Thunderbolt and it is soon going to be released with Best Buy by the 14th. Don't know when Verizon is releasing it. Verizon reps aren't saying and I was at the store today. I do know the Thunderbolt has great features. It will run on 3G since don't know when Verizon is going to have the 4G released for phones. You will be able to talk and use data at the same time without WIFI and will work over 3G. It will come with a 32 gig microSD card installed. 4.3 screen. It is a sweet device. I have the Incredible and love it to death. But when I upgrade next year the Thunderbolt will certainly get my attention and if there is an Incredible HD then I will really have a tough choice. HA ! Can't go wrong with any HTC product...........

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my Inc Dec 23rd and got a 2 for 1 deal. I wanted to wait to see new stuff for 2011 but my old phones were barely functioning. Now the damn thunderbolt is out and I want it! I've already had to replace 1 of them because of a haptic feedback issue. It looks like the 2nd one might be on it's way out too. I'm thinking I may complain to Verizon about these issues and try to get the thunderbolt. I don't expect it to be free but if they allow me to go back to the upgrade availability that I had back in December, I would be ok with that. What do you think my chances are?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
@jude thanks i've been reading alot about the tbolt and it looks really nice.

@moliva - i dont know if they would let you do that, but the way stores work is if you complain enough, and just keep asking to speak with managers or whoever is higher up on the chain, you could probably get something done, just be persistent!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably pass on the TBolt. I do want LTE, but I also want Dual-core, a faster processor than I already have, and I'd prefer a 4" screen.

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well i happen to have a HTC INC too, and like almost everyone love it to death, I can say it has been constructed very well thought. I can even say that almost everything is harmonious. I love how contacts can be set, linked, customized, searched, viewed, displayed, etc.
If I were to upgrade to an HTC it would definitely have to have a dual core on board, a front facing camera with at least 1.3 megapixs, LTE and HoneyComb. Front camera it is more for contacting relatives abroad and sister who is deaf. But i don't see the point to upgrade to a phone that doesn't have LTE and/or 2 cameras.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
@rpfarrah - tbolt is lte and the processor is faster i think, but i dont know by how much (1st gen to 2nd gen snapdragon, both run the same speed tho 1 ghz). Also, i really like the 4 inch screen on the fascinate. 4.3 seems a little big but i might try it with the tbolt

@androide - i really like the inc but i have an upgrade available and i dont want a motorola device, dual core or not (like bionic). other than that, i dont think there's any other dual cores coming to verizon for at least 4 or 5 months on vz (i can only use verizon where i live).

plus side i live within lte connected areas

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87