Deciding between this and the Droid X if no t-bolt.

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
If I don't hear a release date for the Thunderbolt by the 9th when my plan is up I'm gonna go with the Incredible or X.
Which is better with battery life?
Is the incredible starting to show age yet?
How much memory does it come with?

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Both will be similar performance wise. Battery life will likely be better on the X than the Incredible. The Incredible has HTC's Sense UI if you're into that while the X sticks to a more traditional Android interface. Motorola's tend to get slightly better reception overall. My personal experience with the Incredible led me to return it because the voice quality was terrible.

All that being said, what feels better in your hands? I think you'd probably be happy either way because both are good phones. Good luck!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had the direct opposite luck with the incredible. It has been the best phone ever. I have great call quality and I got an extended battery 1800 mAh and it works just fine. I get a full day and extra depending on the use. I love the Sense UI I have had no issues with the Incredible. The choice is yours to make.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sense UI is far better than Motoblur (X is not vanilla Android, it's Android + Motoblur).

X gets slightly better battery life.

I really like my Incredible, and it does everything I want. Once Tegra 2 games become common it may show its limits, but I don't use my phone for serious gaming anyway (occasional round of Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja is all I need).

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
If I don't hear a release date for the Thunderbolt by the 9th when my plan is up I'm gonna go with the Incredible or X.

Why would you be so hasty? Instead of waiting an extra day or two for the T-Bolt, you're going to buy a phone that's nearing it's end of life? You'll regret that decision.

Relax, Verizon is already advertising the Thunderbolt, it'll be available very soon.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the incredible but the thunderbolt will be released soon. I am very happy with my Incredible and the screen is perfect for me.
It is all in choice and the Incredible although a year old, is not obsolete.

It is one of the top sellers and has a very high rating.

bobdrakken

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah even if the T-Bolt were to come out a bit later I would hold out and wait. I bought the Droid Eris just 2 months before the X launched. Worst. Mistake. Ever. (Luckily I had a 2nd upgrade to waste to fix that error.)

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OP I'm in the same position, I've been waiting for the thunderbolt impatiently since Jan. I just bought a used Inc off craigslist yesterday, I couldn't wait anymore. But since I bought the Inc off contract I'll sell it once/if the Bolt ever comes out.

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The thunderbolt is supposedly delayed due to the battery lasting only a few hours cause the 4G is draining it dry and on top of it the battery is weaker than what's included with the incredible.

Sent from my Incrdible using Tapatalk

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Why so quick to renew into a contract? While I love my Inc, my number is eligible for renewal, and I'm going to await the Thunderbolt. Have patience, grasshopper.

bobdrakken

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This is an early 4G tech though so battery issues are most likely to be expected. It really depends on how you use your phone whether or not this would be an ideal thing to get. I'm near a charger nearly all the time if need be. Also I don't see a point in keeping the 4GLTE on all the time either. No clue if that would bring a great improvement though. Makes me wonder what companies are actually focusing on battery tech instead of all these processor advancements.

5G

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got incredible today on 1 year contract. It's the way to go. I got sick of waiting for TB and actually i dont regret not getting it at all.

robdec17

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im in the same boat. Tired of waiting on the Bolt. My upgrade is up March 12th. I need a smart phone, tired of my env3. Since its looking like it may be a month or more longer on the Bolt I will just get the inc on a 1 yr contract.

Dabeer

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if Verizon has any intention of lowering prices any time soon? I'm up for an upgrade, and dying to make my entry into the world of Android... but I'd hate to waste my New-Every-Two discount now just to see the price drop tomorrow. Not that $20 (after discount) for a CPO DInc is a huge waste, but still...

I was going to wait for the Bolt, but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford either it or the data plans if Vzn changes them for 4G, and I don't want to miss out on the Unlimited Data plan.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a Dinc off Craigslist a few hours ago and am loving it.
First android phone for me so now I have a new toy to play with while they figure out the TB issues.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a Dinc off Craigslist a few hours ago and am loving it.
First android phone for me so now I have a new toy to play with while they figure out the TB issues.

How much? I may be selling mine when the Bionic comes out.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i have the inc and i've had the x. it all comes down to preference. neither is a better phone than the other.

x:
bigger screen
moto blur
hdmi out
physical buttons

inc:
htc sense
smaller form factor (my preference)
access to the 8gb of internal memory (x does not allow this)
access to the boot loader (x does not allow this)

the one thing i've found is i find the camera to be better on the inc. but thats just my opinion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo