Are Seidio's battery charging instructions full of $#!T?

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the "Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris/Droid Incredible", and the instructions that come with it say...

In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full.

Does this advice apply to the Incredible or is this the phone smart enough to charge the battery to full (or at least near full) without any extra charge time? If not, does the battery keep getting charged up after the light turns green?

Last edited:

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
One other thing:

I also noticed that Seidio says to charge the battery for 8 hours when you first get it, but the charge light on my phone turned green after only about 4 hours (and plugged into the PC at that). I tried turning the phone off, unplugging, and replugging, but it still only charged for 10-20 minutes more before turning green again.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The instructions are there so users make sure that the batteries get a full charge the first time. Depending on how long your battery was sitting in a warehouse it may have had anywhere from a 10% - 60% charge when you put it in the first time.

If you are getting a green light right after plugging the phone in, then you are good to go.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question about charging to full.... the Incredible has some sort of software glitch that causes the phone to start running on the battery, instead of the charger, once it receives what it thinks is a 100% charge. Most other phone will, once hitting 100% charge, run off of the power from the charger. This means when you unplug your phone, it still has 100% of its battery ready to go.

Not so with the Incredible. The longer you leave it plugged in after it reaches its full charge, the more (and faster) the battery percentage will drop. You have three choices:

*pull the phone off the charger immediately upon light turning green, thus starting with a somewhat true 100%...

*turn your phone off as soon as the led turns green and continue to charge until green again, then unplug it at a "better" 100% charge...

*do like many of us have done and get a few batteries (in the mAh of your choice...) and use a charger that charges your batteries outside of the phone. Then just swap batteries at the start of your day....or when ever you feel the need.

Reactions: lovy and danthman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress