bluetooth announcements

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a jawbone which announced the phone # of the person who's calling. I have since switched to a new headset which does not do announcements. Is there a replacement app that would perform this function?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I believe that is a function the headset itself and if it supports Phone books or not, plus it's level of BT functionality. Not all BT devices support all BT functions. Which headset did you get?

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe that is a function the headset itself and if it supports Phone books or not, plus it's level of BT functionality. Not all BT devices support all BT functions. Which headset did you get?

Platronics Voyager Pro+ and there are apps for bluetooth announcements, but they don't seem to work. I was actually working with one of the developers who responded to my email about the app not working. According to his thoughts he thinks that it's the Android BT Stack that tends to be a little flaky on if these types of apps work or not. I'm a sense fan so I was going to try cyanogenmod just to see if that made a difference. If it does than I will look for a sense rom and go from that point.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
True the BT stack does make a difference. CM is not Sense, so if you're looking for Sense you may want to try another. You can look at the ROM's and Mod's sticky in the Hacks forum for a listing of Sense and AOSP ROMs.