Was waiting on the DInc2...

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hola Gang,

I have been patiently waiting for the DInc2 to come out Thursday, but based on reviews I feel like I'd be paying $200 for a barely upgraded original DInc. Would you guys grab a DInc for free (Amazon, Wirefly, and probably a few select VZW stores that still have originals) or is the DInc2 really worth $200?

'preciate the thoughts.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd get the Incredible 2 if you don't already have the Incredible. For someone that already has an Incredible I would definitely pass. Unless the $200 is a really big deal I would go with the Inc 2 if I was going to be locked in for 2 years either way.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
well the Dinc2 has a 4" screen, next gen 1ghz processor, definitely going to get 2.3, and most likely Sense 2.1.

So it really comes down to what you want in a phone. If you want a larger display with a faster processor(Processor is still 1ghz but its supposedly more efficient than the Dinc1) 2.3 for sure instead of possibly/rumored. and the latest UI

or you can get a Dinc1 which in my opinion is the best all around "Droid" to date.

is it worth $200? well that's your call

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
In addition to the nextgen processor, bigger screen and added system memory, it is also a world phone which I wish the DInc was.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
In addition to the nextgen processor, bigger screen and added system memory, it is also a world phone which I wish the DInc was.

Ah yes. I knew I was forgetting something. It has 768mb (I believe) over the 512mb of the DINC1

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Just in general, it doesn't make sense to not pay the two-hundred now. You'll be spending significantly more over the life of the device (i.e. your two year contract), and you'll be tied to that device. Go for the DInc2, you'll be happier with it for two years from now.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a ton guys. I have been suffering with a LG Dare for quite a while, and I think I'll head to my local store tomorrow to play with the DInc2, Casio and Charge to see what I think. I also still have the $50 "New Every 2" on my account ... so there is that to think about as well.

msnider73

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I take it as a sign of the incredible being a great phone.

The iphone upgrades every year and only small things change.

The new incredible has a larger screen, front camera, whatever else. I think those are things that are worth upgrading to.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is if you go with the Inc2 sign just a 1 year contract. Byt his time next year we will have dual core, as well as more LTE devices and network coverage. Just my .02

Also, correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the Inc2 have a locked bootloader?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
well i went and got a DINC2 i figure the DINC1 was the best phone i ever had. the 2 can only be better right. i'll let you know what i find

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
well i went and got a DINC2 i figure the DINC1 was the best phone i ever had. the 2 can only be better right. i'll let you know what i find

Interested to see what you find out. I went to my local store and they couldn't get the demo unit to work. The guy I talked to had no idea what he was talking about and set off the alarm in the store because he removed the battery door, ha!