Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

TheWay92

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How are the four "buttons" (home-search-etc.). I no the N1 was having problems getting these right, do you find urself having any trouble with these on the Incredible?

omgwhatchuwant

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
sense ui

basically, there are two elements of sense ui that annoy me:

the launcher, and the lock screen. is it possible to disable just these two parts of sense ui? if so, what does that look like? i know from the video on turning a desire into a nexus one that sense ui and lock screen were 2 different apps - if i'm correct. but is there a way to shut off just the launcher, and not all of sense ui? if u do shut off the entire sense ui app, what does that actually look like? what's gone? what stays?

also, regarding the lock screen & having a pattern lock - i believe if sense is on, u have to swipe down and THEN draw the pattern as well to unlock it. if you turn the htc lock screen off, is that pattern lock default on the screen, meaning u simply swipe your pattern and the screen unlocks, or do you still have to swipe first, then the pattern lock comes up, even with the default lock screen?

Bilsma

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
How does the Incredible fair in the sunlight.

I would love to side a side by side comparison of the Incredible and another phone like a droid or iPhone or some other non AMOLED.

Will it work well on the dash of a car? Or is completly unusable if the sun is out.

Bill

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would also like to know how the feel of the case is in your hand. Like others have stated, does it feel like a toy that could easily break or is it a solid phone with a definite "strong" feel to it?

Reactions: disney.jessica

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
So now that this has forum thread has filled up with 7 pages of questions, are there going to be any answers for the AF staff who actually have the phone?

Eloquence

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am betting the Eris battery does work

I have a Droid Eris now. I purchased a 1750 mAh battery for it because I wanted that extra security. Will that battery fit in the Incredible??????

I think it will. I am betting on it so much that I've already ordered the Droid Eris Extended battery, that you have for your phone already, to arrive just before my Incredible does on the 29th. :D

Can the AF staff back this up?

Thanks!
-Elo

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I don't work for Android Central and yes this is my first post but I can answer alot of these questions.

I do own and use a DROID INCREDIBLE by the way. :cool:

I'll go back and quote some post and provide answers for those I can answer. ;)

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Can the screen be used with gloves on or does it require actual skin contact? I was thinking about having to answer the phone with gloves on. Also, since I am new to android, can anyone show a picture or two of looking up contacts and dialing while using android 2.1? Sometimes those things are missed because everyone assumes that the people interested in this phone are coming from another android phone. I have the Samsung omnia right now but would like to move to android.

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For the corporate users, will the Exchange email app allow LDAP searches to the GAL or will it only pull contacts from your local address book? I hated the Droid for that, and hated even more to have to use that other motorola app to first look them up in the GAL and then save them to my local address book... just one too many steps.

DROID INCREDIBLE does support GAL. Very beautiful thing, let me tell ya.