Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

blazerjim

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sense UI / Battery Life

Is it possible to disable the Sense UI without rooting the phone and (re)installing 2.1? Also, can we get a comparison of battery life to the Nexus 1? Something simple like radios off, with a video file on loop to get battery life estimates would be great.

bdonical

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
1)Can the TV out be output to RCA?
2)How good is the TV out quality?
3)How would you rate TV out in terms of battery usage?
4)Does it have an FM tuner?
5)Does it have an auto brightness setting like the MOTODroid?
6)What kind of graphics processing unit does it have?
7)Does this mean a MOTODroid price cut?
8)Did you read my Incredible Droid Incredible Giveaway Post?
9)Will Verizon or HTC be responsible for Android updates?

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
EMail! My only complaint about my Droid is the way it handles (mis-handles) my email. It has stopped (knock on wood) randomly deleteing my accounts since the 2.1 upgrade, but it still jumbles the headers and bodies of various messages so that upon opening one whose subject is, say "Is you car still for sale?" I see a message from Amazon or Barnes and Noble or something. This is VERY annoying (especially since I need to sell that car!)

So, my question is (finally, I know) does anyone know if HTC's email app is relaible??? Will I see the matching body when I click on an email? (By the way, I learned that if I hit REPLY on my Droid when I open a mangled email, I can see the actual body that matches the subject!)

darkcomartist

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
As for the email app, it should be the same as the one on n1 and droid I would assume. The only difference between sense and stock is cosmetic as far as I'm concerned.

sskassam

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i see that GAL works for us corporate Exchange users, so that's good. Other than Exchange email working, will Sense allow for Calendar, Contacts, Notes sync as well through Exchange? I know native Android doesn't do all this, but I though the Sense plug-ins might have this functionality built in..

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
i see that GAL works for us corporate Exchange users, so that's good. Other than Exchange email working, will Sense allow for Calendar, Contacts, Notes sync as well through Exchange? I know native Android doesn't do all this, but I though the Sense plug-ins might have this functionality built in..

According to the guy who did this review Exchange calendar support is integrated nicely with sense. I believe he starts talking about it, about 16:45 into the video.

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
@motivated: The issue is not with the phone, but with the network. It is a VZW issue that you cannot use their voice and data network simultaneously. But using WiFi while on a call should work, since you are not trying to use the VZW network to get online.

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
1)Can the TV out be output to RCA?
2)How good is the TV out quality?
3)How would you rate TV out in terms of battery usage?
4)Does it have an FM tuner?
5)Does it have an auto brightness setting like the MOTODroid?
6)What kind of graphics processing unit does it have?
7)Does this mean a MOTODroid price cut?
8)Did you read my Incredible Droid Incredible Giveaway Post?
9)Will Verizon or HTC be responsible for Android updates?

1) yes
2) dont know
3) dont know
4) FM Radio yes
5) yes

silviak93

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How, if at all, does the phone integrate with Picasa? Will my albums from Picasa automatically show on my phone or is there an integrated Widget that allows an easy view?

Pretty sure it will not incorporate Picasa out of the box. Now there may be something available via the Market to do this but not right out of the box.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine the relationship with Google and HTC can be that great when HTC comes out with two smokin' devices (Incredible and Evo) right after the Nexus One. I mean Google is struggling to sell this thing as it is and then HTC comes out with two devices that completely trump the Nexus One. I would think there would be some sort of non-comp agreement. Anything on the grapevine?

Either way . . . Google wins.

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Three things I'd like to know..

1. Does it have the notorious "ring delay" like the HTC Hero? (most people believe this to be caused by Sense)

2. Has the messaging app been changed to get rid of the awful "slideshow" for images and video?

3. The new "HTC browser".... How is it really?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000