notification ring tone not working on EH09?

ExpertZero

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i am having an issue with the EH09 gingerbread leak... i can not get it to do any type of ringtone for notifications to save my life..
went from comrom 2.1 to EH09... used pit just for giggles. the tones themselves are there, and they make sound when i try to pick what tone i want, but when i get an sms or email, all i get is vibration.... i tried with volume notifications same as incoming calls, i tried with them seprate, i tried with vibrate off, i tried like 5 diffrent tones... nada. SO i went thru and reinstalled EH09... (both times i used the fix permissions like post said) fix premissions, uploaded contacts... and tried txt and NO NOTIFICATION RINGTONE... any suggestions?!

edit: i am using a theme, NeonBT, but i tried with and without the theme also and that had no effect, please help i really like this but i NEED THAT RINGTONE..lol

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i am having an issue with the EH09 gingerbread leak... i can not get it to do any type of ringtone for notifications to save my life..
went from comrom 2.1 to EH09... used pit just for giggles. the tones themselves are there, and they make sound when i try to pick what tone i want, but when i get an sms or email, all i get is vibration.... i tried with volume notifications same as incoming calls, i tried with them seprate, i tried with vibrate off, i tried like 5 diffrent tones... nada. SO i went thru and reinstalled EH09... (both times i used the fix permissions like post said) fix premissions, uploaded contacts... and tried txt and NO NOTIFICATION RINGTONE... any suggestions?!

edit: i am using a theme, NeonBT, but i tried with and without the theme also and that had no effect, please help i really like this but i NEED THAT RINGTONE..lol

So do stock ringtones and notifications not work either? If so I would check your sound settings. Make sure you do not have silent mode checked, then check your volume levels to make sure those are set correctly. I prefer to eliminate the most obvious things first before getting into deeper troubleshooting.

ExpertZero

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
well the ringtone for calls works fine, and the notifications were working fine on comrom2.1

yea i checked to make sure i'm not on silent and i also turned up every volume possible and still no notification tone, but like i said it does vibrate..

i'm going to take it back to stock, start over, see what happens, but i need that ringtone to happen, i use this phone for work..lol

any other suggestions?

ExpertZero

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
after reading thru 40+pages on xda i still don't have an answer..lol if i can't get this figured out in say the next two hours or so it's back to comrom2.1 for me :(

and i have fewer than 10 posts so i can't post in the development thread... and there's nothing about it in the q/a section... i remember why i'm not a huge fan of that forum.

OK here's what i did and i think this fixed it.....

open up messaging, hit menu button, open settings, scroll to select ring tone, change tone there... seems to be working now.

Last edited:

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
after reading thru 40+pages on xda i still don't have an answer..lol if i can't get this figured out in say the next two hours or so it's back to comrom2.1 for me :(

and i have fewer than 10 posts so i can't post in the development thread... and there's nothing about it in the q/a section... i remember why i'm not a huge fan of that forum.

OK here's what i did and i think this fixed it.....

open up messaging, hit menu button, open settings, scroll to select ring tone, change tone there... seems to be working now.

Your not the only one...i had also had to go into messaging app and change a notification in their to get mine to work also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non