KangBang to Resurrection?

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's been so long since I flashed anything....

I want to go from the last version of KangBang to the new TSM Resurrection rom.
I was hoping someone would just shoot me the 1-2-3 so I don't do anything wrong.
Can I just flash over what I have or do I need to do anything first since it's Froyo to (semi?) GB?

Thanks in advance for your incredibly smart replies :D

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been so long since I flashed anything....

I want to go from the last version of KangBang to the new TSM Resurrection rom.
I was hoping someone would just shoot me the 1-2-3 so I don't do anything wrong.
Can I just flash over what I have or do I need to do anything first since it's Froyo to (semi?) GB?

Thanks in advance for your incredibly smart replies :D

Here are nitsuj17's instructions for flashing to Resurrection from a Froyo based ROM:

Installing TSM Resurrection
1. Must be on EH09 Already! (if on froyo tw, use eh09 odin to upgrade...if on mtd...follow those how to threads)
2. download rom
3. move to your sdcard
4. boot into cwr
5. wipe cache/davlik cache (id say wipe data, but honestly most don't...it is a best practice though)
6. select install from sdcard
7. select rom .zip
8. reboot
9. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)
10. profit (or not if it bootloops)

Here is the EH09 stock file you can flash through ODIN:
http://android.clocktowergaming.com/mesmerize/Samsung_i500_Mesmerize_EH09.rar

Flash that through ODIN, let the phone boot up and load the ROM, then power phone off, go into download mode, flash the current CWM in ODIN, make sure auto reboot is unchecked in ODIN, boot directly to CWM with three button method and flash Resurrection.

Current CWM in case you don't have it:
CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

Reactions: kodefoo and adamklo

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm making the move as well, a little late on the thread sorry, and i was wondering if the imoyeson lean kernel will work with this rom as well? Or if I'm better off staying with the stock EH09 kernel?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm making the move as well, a little late on the thread sorry, and i was wondering if the imoyeson lean kernel will work with this rom as well? Or if I'm better off staying with the stock EH09 kernel?

I've had good luck with imoyeson's lean kernel and Resurrection. He has some voltage settings that may not play well with some Fascinate's but it's a great kernel imo.

I've recently switched over to TKS 11/06 because I just can't be happy with what I have ... also I wanted to play around with oc/uv via Voltage Control and I missed Voodoo Color.
I'll probably go back to imoyeson when her releases a new version.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
oh ok, well i downloaded the lean kernel and extracted via winrar but when i try to open it in odin it doesn't seem to be able to find it? Also I was wondering what the voodoo color is? i'm a noob sorry haha

Edit: Ok so i flashed the stock eh09 kernel and installed resurrection from the sd card. Then I installed the 1.2 update via sd card...it boots up however, when i unlock it the launcher just force closes! help please! haha

Last edited:

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Here are nitsuj17's instructions for flashing to Resurrection from a Froyo based ROM:

Installing TSM Resurrection
1. Must be on EH09 Already! (if on froyo tw, use eh09 odin to upgrade...if on mtd...follow those how to threads)
2. download rom
3. move to your sdcard
4. boot into cwr
5. wipe cache/davlik cache (id say wipe data, but honestly most don't...it is a best practice though)
6. select install from sdcard
7. select rom .zip
8. reboot
9. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)
10. profit (or not if it bootloops)

Here is the EH09 stock file you can flash through ODIN:
http://android.clocktowergaming.com/mesmerize/Samsung_i500_Mesmerize_EH09.rar

Flash that through ODIN, let the phone boot up and load the ROM, then power phone off, go into download mode, flash the current CWM in ODIN, make sure auto reboot is unchecked in ODIN, boot directly to CWM with three button method and flash Resurrection.

Current CWM in case you don't have it:
CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

So could I follow this method to get from GeeWiz (froyo version) to TSM Resurrection? Thanks!

Nevermind...reading comprehension skills are low today.

Last edited:

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of trying this myself. Still on Comm Rom 2.1 and it's starting to show it's age. I see that you must already be on EH09 before you flash this rom. I remember reading that EH09 borks sd cards, is this correct? Will I do any damage to my sd card if I flash the stock EH09 and allow it to boot up before going into recovery and flashing resurrection? Also, this rom doesn't need CWM4?

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of trying this myself. Still on Comm Rom 2.1 and it's starting to show it's age. I see that you must already be on EH09 before you flash this rom. I remember reading that EH09 borks sd cards, is this correct? Will I do any damage to my sd card if I flash the stock EH09 and allow it to boot up before going into recovery and flashing resurrection? Also, this rom doesn't need CWM4?

Actually, it was EC09 that fried the cards. I haven't heard anything about the EH09. I haven't had any problems with it.

And, no; this rom does NOT need CWM4.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it was EC09 that fried the cards. I haven't heard anything about the EH09. I haven't had any problems with it.

And, no; this rom does NOT need CWM4.

Oh ok, thank you very much. I got my numbers crossed. I knew the one that fried the cards was a something 09, it's been so long since I've flashed anything that I missed the EH09 build. I'm looking forward to giving this a try. Thanks again!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, thank you very much. I got my numbers crossed. I knew the one that fried the cards was a something 09, it's been so long since I've flashed anything that I missed the EH09 build. I'm looking forward to giving this a try. Thanks again!

I've been on this ROM (TSM RES) for a couple days now, and really like it...I think you will too. A little glitchy here and there, but overall it's really nice, smooth and quick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana